Saturday Mornings

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Jun 9, 2019.

1. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I don't think he wants a answer. He wants the union to tell the company what they can and can't do.

That's not how it works though so he's trying to say they are useless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

What the...who tf...no. if hes payin that much a month then hes makin way more than ur believing he does per month

3. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

The union negotiated the contract that made it so you could work at a pace that you feel is safe. It’s not wasted money.

Saturday’s are a crap chute. Just do the best you safely can while following the methods.

If you’re on a boxline: maintain egress and don’t stack. Even if your cages are crammed full.

If you’re on a belt: shut the belt off to maintain egress.

The only thing you need to work safe is the ability to move your feet and a place to put the packages.

4. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Be the change you want to see in the union. FYI, stewards are considered to be on the same level as supervisors, so they can't get you for insubordination.

5. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

Only in closed door meetings are they considered equal with management. Stewards can't just do whatever they want lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. MarvelousMunata

MarvelousMunata The Scapegoat With Attitude

Say what now?!!
    Pfffty stewards are kick ass. Love those guys

7. zubenelgenubi

Doesn't have to be closed door, it's anytime a steward is acting in a representational capacity. I have been less than diplomatic with preload sups for harassing my loaders, right on the belt. I then have to explain to the loaders that they can't act that way without risking discipline.

The Special Status of Union Stewards

"When does the equality principle apply? Being a steward is not a general license to tell management to “stick it.” The equality principle applies when a steward acts in a representational capacity: argues a contract matter, attempts to resolve a problem, investigates a complaint, requests information, presents a grievance, disputes a decision affecting the bargaining unit, or leads a union protest.

It does not apply when a steward acts in his or her individual capacity: objects to a work assignment, responds to criticism of her job performance, or receives notice of her own discipline.

NLRA protection has its limits. Management may impose discipline for “egregious” misconduct that renders the representative “unfit for further service.” Cases in point include extreme profanity, racial epithets, physical threats, and blocking or touching a supervisor.

Stewards can also be disciplined for dishonesty, soliciting false testimony, taking part in illegal walkouts, or disrupting business meetings or work activities."

8. $63.00 a month at $13.00 an hour pay. That’s what I pay. I don’t make $21.00. Many part-timers pay more for union dues on an hourly basis than drivers. That’s a problem for the union. As pre-load gets placed on the back burner asworkers.

9. Those of you who don’t think the union tells UPS how to run their business are wrong. Determining pay rates, benefits, and paid time off, are all examples of the union telling UPS how to run their business. Low IQ.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Listen up, OoooooooKaaaaaay!

Ok Mister high IQ, what are you proposing? That we don’t belong to a union anymore? You think your $63 a month that you’d get back will pay for benefits, paid time off, or job security?

11. Where does UPS find you guys? Getting rid of the Union is a suggestion. Plenty of companies offer benefits and have no union. In many cases the cost of paying a union could be used to pay for group benefits that companies offer. Yes you pay in for bennies, about $60.00 a month.

12. Here’s another example of union failures. Billy, Kim, and Sue all started on the same day. Their one year anniversary of employment is coming up. They’ll all get a dollar an hour raise! Terrific! Here’s the problem. Kim loads 230 packages an hour, Sue loads 210, and Billy loads 150 packages an hour. Kim and Billy deserve the same pay?

13. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Sounds like Billy is the smart one.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  14. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Well look at that- we agree....on something. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Red Circle PT.

16. CoffeeStainedUniform

CoffeeStainedUniform Active Member

United against the forces of stupidity

17. BigUnionGuy

I'm guessing, he doesn't know what that is.

18. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I've never heard of someone paying 5x their hourly rate. Do locals actually charge that?

19. BigUnionGuy

I would like to know what Local is charging a part-timer that. Sounds excessive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. zubenelgenubi

Do you know how to try to get rid of a union?