Saturday Mornings

clean hairy

You can only control yourself. You are responsible to keep yourself safe. Stop running, it won't impress anyone. Management might like it, but you'll get written up the first time you hurt yourself.

They only get to make you load past your capability because you're willing to throw the methods out the window. Stop it, you're losing hours for your coworkers too.
Not if, but WHEN you get injured and it is due to a failure to follow the methods.
A defense of "they gave me too much work to get done in a short amount of time" is not going to fly....

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Anyone who works Saturdays as pre-load has witnessed that Saturday’s are the worst days to load. Management, has half the staff of tue-fri. Monday’s are also a disaster. As half are off Mon or half are off Tue. But the pre-loaders are still required to load the same amount of packages. You get 5-7 trucks, normally it’s 3-4. The packages come down at the same rate as if everybody was there, but of course it’s only half staffed. Yesterday 8 people called or no showed, so it’s less than half. Management should be required to train loaders on how to load 5-7 trucks, with 250 or more packages in each truck. They won’t train us, we’ve asked, they cant load that, and they know it. The union has failed here as well. The union could careless about pre-loaders. 90% of stewards are drivers, and you ask them about pre-load, they have no clue.
There is no training to load 5 to 7 trucks, in this case you just do what you can do. If drivers come in and load their trucks so be it. It is a bad way to look at it but thats ups fault

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There is no training to load 5 to 7 trucks, in this case you just do what you can do. If drivers come in and load their trucks so be it. It is a bad way to look at it but thats ups fault
As a FT preload, my Saturday pull was usually 12 trucks 4 pc x 3, and I had them spotless all morning. You have to walk a lot but it wasn't hard at all. Most people have trouble with it not because they aren't fast or dont work hard, they had trouble bouncing between pulls and managing the flow.

542thruNthru

When I hear 5-7 trucks on Saturday that is a joke of an easy day. ;(

When I hear Saturday pull. I think of this.
giphy-28.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here’s another example of union failures. Billy, Kim, and Sue all started on the same day. Their one year anniversary of employment is coming up. They’ll all get a dollar an hour raise! Terrific! Here’s the problem. Kim loads 230 packages an hour, Sue loads 210, and Billy loads 150 packages an hour. Kim and Billy deserve the same pay?

Billy needs to buck up he’s got two chicks out loading him