Saturday Mornings

22.34life

I think the OP has a distorted view of the union and it's purpose at ups.the union cannot tell ups how to run its buisness.it can only tell ups how to comply with the cba.the OP seems to believe these are one in the same but are different.so the company can staff there operations with as few employees as they see fit so long as no supervisors work.if they say load 10 cars then that is the instructions,use all methods and work safely that's it.if I load ten or one car I can only load one package at a time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone who works Saturdays as pre-load has witnessed that Saturday’s are the worst days to load. Management, has half the staff of tue-fri. Monday’s are also a disaster. As half are off Mon or half are off Tue. But the pre-loaders are still required to load the same amount of packages. You get 5-7 trucks, normally it’s 3-4. The packages come down at the same rate as if everybody was there, but of course it’s only half staffed. Yesterday 8 people called or no showed, so it’s less than half. Management should be required to train loaders on how to load 5-7 trucks, with 250 or more packages in each truck. They won’t train us, we’ve asked, they cant load that, and they know it. The union has failed here as well. The union could careless about pre-loaders. 90% of stewards are drivers, and you ask them about pre-load, they have no clue.
Slow down and stop the belt if need be. Pretty simple

I’m not sure what hub you folks worked in, but stooping the belt for a non-emergency is a class A felony at UPS. I’m learning many of you never preloaded, you just like to jibber-jab on forums. The rest of you clowns, why would I make up my union due fees? You people are idiots. We have flat rate.

CoffeeStainedUniform

I’m not sure what hub you folks worked in, but stooping the belt for a non-emergency is a class A felony at UPS. I’m learning many of you never preloaded, you just like to jibber-jab on forums. The rest of you clowns, why would I make up my union due fees? You people are idiots. We have flat rate.
It's not your fault....it's not your fault. It's not your fault.

542thruNthru

Just quit already. Its obvious you're miserable.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You sound scared

If the belt needs to stop turn it off

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
The guy's point is that there is a huge disconnect between full-time stewards and part-time package handlers. Every part-time worker who's had union issues knows this. Every time I see a so-called union guy on this site reply to an honest concern he sounds like a defense attorney for the company. Listen to the fellow. He said up to 7 trucks, heavy package flow, one loader. If you're ok with this, then you're ok with the same grievant being forced to load the ENTIRE side of a belt at the same package flow, even if he has to actually run back and forth down the belt in fear of his job performance. If you can't figure out that this guy is asking for help, then you need to do yourself a favor and retire from your position.
On Saturdays for me im on belt to car. Its me and another guy one on each side for like 12 cars each side? The rest of the slides they have pick off and just let it build up like someone is there to load it, leaving a cluster friend for the guys on Monday.

tadpole

They have to choose between letting you turn the belt off or letting packages blow by you. Not your problem. Walk at a normal pace, follow all methods. If you aren’t wrapped up in time, that is not your fault. Force them to hire more people, or pay supervisor working grievances, or have the sort finish too late every day.

If you were able to do 15 trucks at once, they would give you a 16th.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I shut off the belt plenty of times in my preload days. Did sups get mad? You bet. Did I care? Nope.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
giphy (19).gif

22.34life

every hub throws a fit for belt stops not just where u are I picked off for 7 years and stopped it plenty and got bitched out plenty but bottom line I stopped it and I'll turn it back on when I can period.slides backed up belts off sup says reset the belt I say no problem turn it on and let everything ride he then says what are u doing I say what u told me too.

specter208

Here’s another example of union failures. Billy, Kim, and Sue all started on the same day. Their one year anniversary of employment is coming up. They’ll all get a dollar an hour raise! Terrific! Here’s the problem. Kim loads 230 packages an hour, Sue loads 210, and Billy loads 150 packages an hour. Kim and Billy deserve the same pay?
UPS offered them a job for $13/hr. UPS already agreed with union that wage.