Saturday Mornings

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Jumpin Jack Flash, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Union dues are 2.5x hourly rate a month here.

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Some are 3x. I believe local 25 is.

But yeah I've never heard of someone paying almost 5x their hourly rate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. 22.34life

22.34life Active Member

I think the OP has a distorted view of the union and it's purpose at ups.the union cannot tell ups how to run its buisness.it can only tell ups how to comply with the cba.the OP seems to believe these are one in the same but are different.so the company can staff there operations with as few employees as they see fit so long as no supervisors work.if they say load 10 cars then that is the instructions,use all methods and work safely that's it.if I load ten or one car I can only load one package at a time.

4. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Nope

5. 542thruNthru

Must be 251 than.

The point is some areas are higher then 2.5x but again I've never heard of 4.8x the hourly rate.

6. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Local 25 dues are fixed rates. I forget what PT is (maybe 55?) and FT is 71, which is less than 2x hourly rate of rpcd

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Slow down and stop the belt if need be. Pretty simple

8. I’m not sure what hub you folks worked in, but stooping the belt for a non-emergency is a class A felony at UPS. I’m learning many of you never preloaded, you just like to jibber-jab on forums. The rest of you clowns, why would I make up my union due fees? You people are idiots. We have flat rate.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. CoffeeStainedUniform

CoffeeStainedUniform Active Member

It's not your fault....it's not your fault. It's not your fault.

10. 542thruNthru

Just quit already. Its obvious you're miserable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. CoffeeStainedUniform

CoffeeStainedUniform Active Member

Don't be so mean. Jack is management material.

12. 542thruNthru

Not trying to be mean. If I was this upset with a job, especially one that I haven't been doing for long. I'd leave.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  13. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You sound scared

If the belt needs to stop turn it off

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  14. H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker Mmm, Mombasa!

On Saturdays for me im on belt to car. Its me and another guy one on each side for like 12 cars each side? The rest of the slides they have pick off and just let it build up like someone is there to load it, leaving a cluster F for the guys on Monday.

15. tadpole

tadpole Active Member

They have to choose between letting you turn the belt off or letting packages blow by you. Not your problem. Walk at a normal pace, follow all methods. If you aren’t wrapped up in time, that is not your fault. Force them to hire more people, or pay supervisor working grievances, or have the sort finish too late every day.

If you were able to do 15 trucks at once, they would give you a 16th.

16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I shut off the belt plenty of times in my preload days. Did sups get mad? You bet. Did I care? Nope.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  17. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

I think I held the record. I would see how many times I could shut it off in 10 minute span. I think I made many a preload managers quit or get fired.

18. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

giphy (19).gif

19. 22.34life

22.34life Active Member

every hub throws a fit for belt stops not just where u are I picked off for 7 years and stopped it plenty and got bitched out plenty but bottom line I stopped it and I'll turn it back on when I can period.slides backed up belts off sup says reset the belt I say no problem turn it on and let everything ride he then says what are u doing I say what u told me too.