Saturdays During Peak

LongIslandNewbie

I was told by an old timer in my center that during Peak I will go back to Mon-Fri and Saturdays will be an optional ( yeah right) 6th day. I haven't heard anything from supervisors. Any insight on this?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
If you're a T-S scheduled driver, I assume you'll keep that schedule but expect to work Mondays during peak. We don't have Saturday ground, but I expect to be working some Saturdays during peak.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
In our center its based on seniority. The senior cover and reg-temp drivers usually get first preference for being off on Saturdays while the lower drivers on the totem pole have to work Saturdays, especially since they tend to work at least 1 or 2 days shuttling late airs instead of running routes.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I worked one Saturday last peak even though all were "mandatory" didn't call in and say I wasn't coming either...nothing was ever said to me...show up for your regular schedule and take your two days off.

W

What The Hawk?

I was told by an old timer in my center that during Peak I will go back to Mon-Fri and Saturdays will be an optional ( yeah right) 6th day. I haven't heard anything from supervisors. Any insight on this?
Last peak Saturdays were mandatory. However now that we have Saturday ground, I don't know what it'll be like. I'm going to be an air driver soon though so I probably will be working the 6 days.