Say goodbye express!

STFXG

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-to-eat-united-parcel-service-and-friend.aspx

Amazon is getting in to the air game! How many jobs will this cost Express?

dezguy

We get zero amazon here and we're still in operation. Could it cost some jobs? Possibly but I don't think you'll see Express disappear. There is still a demand for the service.

kickpackage1

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1450481040.432778.jpg
. Gooooood Bye Fedex .....Lmao some people are not as smart as they think they are ,if some individuals do not understand this post well all I can say is read between the lines cause Amazon is coming I can promise you that .

bacha29

In recent weeks several midlevel G managers left G to go to work for Amazon. I don't know if they bettered themselves by going from Fred S to Jeff Bezos.There is no doubt that Bezos is toying with his own delivery company and if he can get enough money out of Amazon stock he may be able to fund a startup operation in the mold of FXG.Keep in mind something. I recently read that top pay for a floor worker at his warehouses is around 12 bucks an hour. So keep that in mind if he starts looking for ground delivery subcontractors. It will be more of the same. Haul it for nothing yourself or find someone who will work for you for nothing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No worries. You actually put some thought in yours. Sounds like a crazy endeavor but one that's possible.

Yeah. I'm betting he does it, and focuses entirely on the huge markets around Dallas/FTW, NYC, SFO etc. Fred and bbsam get to keep the Quad Cities.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Why in the world would Bezos invest money into an airline, when drones are about to start delivering at a much more cost-effective rate? Drones don't unionize, either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why in the world would Bezos invest money into an airline, when drones are about to start delivering at a much more cost-effective rate? Drones don't unionize, either.

Drones aren't going to happen...ever. The Feds are already clamping down, and Bezos would need many thousands of them to service even a small portion of the country. I'm giving it a few months until one brings down an airplane, and then it's over for commercial drones...forever. There have already been numerous near-misses. Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time. I'm not even going to go into the terrorist aspect beyond mentioning it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Drones aren't going to happen...ever. The Feds are already clamping down, and Bezos would need many thousands of them to service even a small portion of the country. I'm giving it a few months until one brings down an airplane, and then it's over for commercial drones...forever. There have already been numerous near-misses. Unfortunately, it's just a matter of time. I'm not even going to go into the terrorist aspect beyond mentioning it.
My post was intended as tongue-in-cheek.

bacha29

Mr Fed Ex spot on . Bezos talk about drones pretty much ended when the FAA issued tough new rules regarding the use of drones. Those new rules may have driven him to look into his own delivery system. Good planning and enough money may get him into some metro markets but he's another one who believes that the whole world is a city. As for a merger of X and Ground. Maybe something might happen there toward the end of the next decade but keep in mind X operates under the Railway Workers Act while Ground operates under Taft Hartley. Resolving the issues those would create will take many years.

dvalleyjim

Amazon talks a lot of stuff, truth is their stock is way overpriced compared to their actual profits. They only started making a profit recently. I look for this company to take a huge hit in the not to distant future. That being said they will still be a big player, their stock price will just tumble back to reality.