Say I quit in april, what happens to my vacation time that resets in June?

HD219

I hear management is always out to get you and they hire to fire which kind of worries me tbh

people say that about everything at every job so who knows I'll guess I'll see when I get there lol
Congrats on the job offer! Seems unlikely they'd hire to fire with such a huge sign on bonus. There's a railroad where I'm at called CSX. They hire to fire but there's no sign on bonus. After 6 months they kick you out the door. My father in law has been a conductor for Norfolk Southern for over 30 years. He said the hardest part is staying awake lol Guess it all depends on which company you work for.

!Retired!

I asked before I retired if that was true and was told no. What I really wanted to do was go back as an FO driver PT and keep getting my pension. People on Facebook said they were able to do that at their stations, but supposedly my SM looked into it and was told no. That would’ve been a win-win for him AND me. Oh well.
If that's the case why didn't you call HR yourself, or just downgrade to PT? Also, how do you figure you lose your pension?

chris45

Congrats on the job offer! Seems unlikely they'd hire to fire with such a huge sign on bonus. There's a railroad where I'm at called CSX. They hire to fire but there's no sign on bonus. After 6 months they kick you out the door. My father in law has been a conductor for Norfolk Southern for over 30 years. He said the hardest part is staying awake lol Guess it all depends on which company you work for.
Thanks fam, and yeah true it does seem unlikely, and after talking with others online it seems like the hire to fire thing has calmed down a bit. I just have to get past training which seems difficult but I'll try my best lol