Say I quit in april, what happens to my vacation time that resets in June?

MassWineGuy

I think they really screw you on keeping seniority and pay. At least that’s what happened to a couple of people I know.

They can’t find or hire anyone closer than six hours to the station you helped? Things are rough out there.

Also, someone told me that if I come back to FedEx within a year I keep pay and seniority, is that true?
Seniority is definitely a negative. In the past the pay could be reinstated if you came back within 2 years. But now you need MD level approval to get it back. So probably would not happen.

FedexCares

You will be making twice as much with a nice sign on bonus, why in the hell would you ever entertain the idea of coming back to this sinking ship. I’m sure conductor is long hours but you will at least be compensated fairly.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
@48meeting is also @DrivelnDriveOut is also @UnionStrong. Same guy, he just uses three accounts.
A451B7DF-80DF-4453-A990-DE0C018124D1.gif

Buhryein

So I got a job offer and a start date of May 8 from another employer, making almost twice the money+ a 50k sign on bonus. I think after 8 years I may call it quits

Now my question is, what happens to the 3 weeks of vacation time for the next year? Do I just lose it or a pay out or....? I'll probably quit by early April or so
All I gotta say is you "think" you may quit??

It will be fine

You will be making twice as much with a nice sign on bonus, why in the hell would you ever entertain the idea of coming back to this sinking ship. I’m sure conductor is long hours but you will at least be compensated fairly.
Terrible hours, painfully boring work, no time off, that’s what I’ve heard about being a conductor. The money’s decent but your life sucks, not everyone likes that trade off.

chris45

I hear management is always out to get you and they hire to fire which kind of worries me tbh

people say that about everything at every job so who knows I'll guess I'll see when I get there lol

chris45

Terrible hours, painfully boring work, no time off, that’s what I’ve heard about being a conductor. The money’s decent but your life sucks, not everyone likes that trade off.
Yeah being on call and all that probably sucks the life out of folks, if it sucks and I don't get fired I'll stay there for a year so I don't have to pay the money back and use the experience to get into something else

!Retired!

You will only keep your employee number. You will have to start again from the bottom, although it sounds like you’re still there.
You used to keep your seniority, if you came back within a year. Did that change? I know of a few people that came back, but none within a year.

I have 2 weeks before I hit my 1 year anniversary, maybe I should go back and see? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!
No I can't read :/
That explains why you want to leave such an easy job.

yadig

You forgot that they are union! They have a pension, benefits, vacation time. I guess it’s the same as grounds benefit package.😂

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You used to keep your seniority, if you came back within a year. Did that change? I know of a few people that came back, but none within a year.

I have 2 weeks before I hit my 1 year anniversary, maybe I should go back and see? ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!

That explains why you want to leave such an easy job.
I asked before I retired if that was true and was told no. What I really wanted to do was go back as an FO driver PT and keep getting my pension. People on Facebook said they were able to do that at their stations, but supposedly my SM looked into it and was told no. That would’ve been a win-win for him AND me. Oh well.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That’s your problem right there. Can’t have any win-win situations. Let that happen and next thing you know workers are content and productive.
Which is crazy, because they’re desperately short-handed. New hires don’t stay long and people don’t want to transfer here because the housing is so expensive now and the pay hasn’t been adjusted for the cost of living. People realize they can’t afford to lose $3-5 an hour moving to FL.