Scanning question

I just started working at fedex ground as a package handler. I would like to know what would happen if you scan the same package more than once by accident? and what would happen if you forgot to scan a package?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I just started working at fedex ground as a package handler. I would like to know what would happen if you scan the same package more than once by accident? and what would happen if you forgot to scan a package?
It would probably double or triple beep. No big deal.
I'm pretty sure nothing would happen, unless you missed too many.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
If you scan it zero, it's a problem
1x it's a crap shoot if you scanned it to the correct van
2x you know it's on the wrong van and corrected your mistake or are being thorough, or someone asked for a stop count
3x you've been asked to move it to another van by the driver or contractor or management
4x you've been asked again to return it to the original truck or another truck or unscanned it because it's damaged & the driver doesn't want it
5x you are fired for wasting company time

Don't worry about it. One of my best loaders over the years I've been doing this now is a driver. He finally sees wtf we mean about using your brain when loading a truck, and his loader is really going to be a great one.

Last edited:

CJinx

Nothing happens if you scan a package more than once. Sometimes we make our less than stellar handlers re-scan all the freight on their trucks when there is downtime.