schedule change - less than 24 hour notice

watdaflock?

Any assistance from our elder brothers on how to properly word this grievance? Found out half-way through the day (Friday) that we're working Saturday.

AwashBwashCwash

They're trying to pull this crap with us too.
"Don't know if we're working Saturday or not yet, keep your phone on you in case we need to call"

On-call for a part-time job bruh please :laugh:

542thruNthru

Any assistance from our elder brothers on how to properly word this grievance? Found out half-way through the day (Friday) that we're working Saturday.

Depends on your supplmental language. Are you sure that they have to give 24 hours notice. I mean have you looked it up or did someone just tell you they had to?

542thruNthru

I searched using a few terms. I guess I was wrong, I don't see it either but maybe I'm just going too fast. Looks like I have a project now.

I might be able to save you the time. I trust BUG when it comes to central region language. That's why I ask @watdaflock? (Austin) if he saw it in the contract or someone told him because it seems to be a rumor in a lot of areas. Even in mine.

There's nothing contactual about 24 hrs notice in the Central.

Why are they requiring you to work ?

Not if it is extra work, air work (per article 40) or in lieu of working supervisors.

-Bug-

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I might be able to save you the time. I trust BUG when it comes to central region language. That's why I ask @watdaflock? (Austin) if he saw it in the contract or someone told him because it seems to be a rumor in a lot of areas. Even in mine.
That could be exactly where I'm getting the information as well. It seems that this 24 hours notice thing has been talked about quite a bit lately and possibly where I'm also guilty of spreading the rumor.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
They tried this out west as well, pretty cut and dry that in our supplement they can’t. First off they only changed it by 30 minutes and secondly, it’s difficult to claim volume disruption when you’re advancing trailers.

Attachments

• 47C9EDAF-1D62-4403-8684-79A70B051A4B.jpeg
    47C9EDAF-1D62-4403-8684-79A70B051A4B.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 256

542thruNthru

They tried this in norcal as well, pretty cut and dry that in our supplement they can’t. First off they only changed it by 30 minutes and secondly, it’s difficult to claim volume disruption when you’re advancing trailers.

Fixed it for you. ;)

You keep throwing me off when you say out west. I keep thinking it's the Western Region supp.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
They tried this out west as well, pretty cut and dry that in our supplement they can’t. First off they only changed it by 30 minutes and secondly, it’s difficult to claim volume disruption when you’re advancing trailers.
forced hour lunch? friend that ...15 paid , 15 unpaid ..