Search Function Snobbery

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
"Use the search function" "The search function is your friend" "maroon, use the search function"

In the time it takes for you to read the post, determine your superiority, and come up with a witty retort, you could just answer the question.

Let's bring your line of thought to its' logical conclusion, shall we?

Cheryl should make the entire first page say "Don't ask a question unless you searched for the answer already" That will cut down on the posts.

In fact, close this site alltogether - all this info (well some of it) can be googled. Just use Google. Step further, just go to the library.

Someone asking a question that has been answered before is just the way it goes. Ignore it if it bothers you. I would venture to say that most re-asked questions morph into an interesting discussion, which is what a forum is all about.

Now, does anyone know where I can get UPS socks, and do I have to wear them for my interview? What questions will they ask, and will I be able to be a driver after two weeks? Where do I put my radio?

Random Question of the day - Why do drive-up ATMs have braille on them?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
"Use the search function" "The search function is your friend" "maroon, use the search function"

In the time it takes for you to read the post, determine your superiority, and come up with a witty retort, you could just answer the question.

Cheryl should make the entire first page say "Don't ask a question unless you searched for the answer already" That will cut down on the posts.

In fact, close this site alltogether - all this info (well some of it) can be googled. Just use Google. Step further, just go to the library.

Someone asking a question that has been answered before is just the way it goes. Ignore it if it bothers you. I would venture to say that most re-asked questions morph into an interesting discussion, which is what a forum is all about.

Now, does anyone know where I can get UPS socks, and do I have to wear them for my interview? What questions will they ask, and will I be able to be a driver after two weeks? Where do I put my radio?

Woke up a bit grumpy didn't we!
Hope everything went well with the union steward this morning.
Going dog hunting today?

SmithBarney

Can someone help me, I went to the library today
and could not find 3000 methods book..

And the librarian threw me out when I asked if I could have a radio in my package car...

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz

In the time it took you to ask the same question for the millionth time you coulda used the search function

What'dyabringmetoday???

Point is, those that ask the questions that have already been asked are newbies, and newbies don't know the "must use search function" rule.

Good point, though.
This is exactly why UpstateNYUPSer is here. He lets everyone know the proper posting methods and gives out advice on everything. He would actually like to be in charge of Brown Cafe just as he secretly would like to run UPS. Uh-oh! I think I am off topic and could earn demerits. Well, at least I did not ask a question that could have been answered through the search function.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Just for the heck of it, I Googled the word "dingleberry" and this is what I got:

What'dyabringmetoday?
What is this ignore feature you always speak of?? Look back at some of the crap you sling around here. You get what you deserve. Do not take is so personally and so seriously. It is just a message board. Well, I guess it is more than that to some people. Especially when you see how frequently some people add posts.

chev

Nightcrawler
What is this ignore feature you always speak of?? Look back at some of the crap you sling around here. You get what you deserve. Do not take is so personally and so seriously. It is just a message board. Well, I guess it is more than that to some people. Especially when you see how frequently some people add posts.

Go to "user cp" at the top of the page. There is an option to ignore whatever member you want. You will no longer see their posts.

Last edited: