Seasonal Driver Helper - No call to meet up with Driver

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I was given a helper today for .83 hrs. (50 minutes) WTF is 50 minutes going to do for me or the helper who just wasted 40 minutes driving to and from work. It's this kind of crap that drives people away and why no one wants to be a helper.

It's the opposite at our center. They're pulling helpers off the preload and having them jump until 6pm. You have these newbies with no DIAD experience pulling 14 hour days starting at 1 or 2 am and ending just in time to go back to bed. Preload the next morning looks like an episode of the Walking Dead.

The best part is that all the helper sheets have hours worked preset to 4, so the helpers have to go reconcile the difference. Nothing like working for free.

I'm the only one with DIAD experience so I get thrown on to help during the busiest routes. Told our route coordinator I'm not doing 14 hour days anymore. He stared at me, blinked twice and said he would find someone else with less seniority to do it.

Now I get to go back to doing air runs, which is what I wanted to do in the first place.

barnyard

KTM rider
My helper is a preloader also. They are working 8 hours and my driver supe asked me to keep him under 4 hours helping. I have been going out with 170ish stops and working close to 11 hours. Going to suck when I have to go out with 200.