Seasonal no start date

bidumb

I went to some VSPT 3 day and then a day 4/5 thing. Have called the center 5 times and they tell me to call back tomorrow lol there's "one or two people" ahead of me and the on road supervisor said they already had 9 seasonals two months ago. Well I may have made a mistake because in hiring the HR person wanted to send me to another center which is 40 miles away than the one I applied to which with gas prices would have been a net loss working there. Should I start looking for another job? I heard Nov. 15 is the start date but the center doesn't want me and has several PVDs should I call the union rep?

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I went to some VSPT 3 day and then a day 4/5 thing. Have called the center 5 times and they tell me to call back tomorrow lol there's "one or two people" ahead of me and the on road supervisor said they already had 9 seasonals two months ago. Well I may have made a mistake because in hiring the HR person wanted to send me to another center which is 40 miles away than the one I applied to which with gas prices would have been a net loss working there. Should I start looking for another job? I heard Nov. 15 is the start date but the center doesn't want me and has several PVDs should I call the union rep?

Here is the way to look at this situation. You are in a crappy relationship with a world class jerk. She says she wants to date you, but when you call, she is not interested. At some point soon, she will call early and often, every day, and expect you to be there no matter what.

They have your number. The worst thing you can do is be needy and call every day. That will just piss them off. They will still call, but they will hate you...

Integrity

Binge Poster
If I needed money I would continue to look for a job until I was actually working a job.

A promise of a job will not meet my need for money, only an actual job will.

bidumb

Here is the way to look at this situation. You are in a crappy relationship with a world class jerk. She says she wants to date you, but when you call, she is not interested. At some point soon, she will call early and often, every day, and expect you to be there no matter what.

They have your number. The worst thing you can do is be needy and call every day. That will just piss them off. They will still call, but they will hate you...
Yeah when I call the guy practically hangs up on me before I finish talking. Basically I am on-call permanently but not technically employed?

bidumb

Okay thanks. Just two more questions. Where can I find the current contract to learn more about this? And if I don't answer the phone I am automatically fired?

542thruNthru

Okay thanks. Just two more questions. Where can I find the current contract to learn more about this? And if I don't answer the phone I am automatically fired?
You don't need the contract and you can be let go anytime. You do know how a seasonal job works right?

What do you think's going to happen? Sounds like they don't need any more workers
VeqoDqdvj2J7bNVJFq.gif

Brownsocks

Just a dog
No that's why I asked. Seems like a waste of my time if I will never get any work. I'd better look for a real job.
Amazon flex or something until you get the call.
If you show out as a seasonal you "might" get a call to qualify as a 22.4 next year, and if you qualify you are guaranteed to be mid to upper middle-class once you become a top rate RPCD in 4 or 5 years.
Patience can be a virtue.