Seasonal offered fulltime- one small problem

F1fan4144

First, this site has been extremely beneficial since last October when offered a seasonal drive. I appreciate the tips and experiences from others, which have helped me achieve today's offer of driving fulltime.

After driving this past holiday season, I worked inside unloading trucks till another driver position became available. Lucky for me, it took about 2 months for that opportunity to arise.

Now comes the crux of the matter. I hope posting this question shows my complete devotion to obtaining this position, eager and excited to work for UPS. I was told any points/violations would be problematic. Last week I was pulled over and cited for out of date license plates. Funny (sad) how I am equal parts OCD/dedicated to certain things while procrastinating on others. I know this citation has no points attached, but I am not willing to take any chances and blow this opportunity.

So, should I waive the ticket, pay the fine and discuss my error to the hiring staff ooorrr should I fight the ticket, explain to the judge/prosecutor my predicament and hope they dismiss, even expunge the citation? For the record, I have zero points (last citation was in 2001) and went the very next day to renew my tags.

My ramblings are evidence of how much I'd like to have this driving position and concern my laziness might destabilize this prospect. Thanks for any and all insight, even those who want to make fun of me for worrying so much about what is likely nothing!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
9 times out of 10 if you show up to court with current license plate tags and beg forgiveness they dismiss the ticket

F1fan4144

Thanks for quick replies! Is it worth it to attempt to have it dismissed? Regardless of the outcome, I will let UPS know.

Another reason for concern was another seasonal guy I work with told me he received a seatbelt violation and UPS made a stink over it. I know seatbelt tickets also don't come with points, but for him to face problems made me question my options.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for quick replies! Is it worth it to attempt to have it dismissed? Regardless of the outcome, I will let UPS know.

Another reason for concern was another seasonal guy I work with told me he received a seatbelt violation and UPS made a stink over it. I know seatbelt tickets also don't come with points, but for him to face problems made me question my options.

Failure to wear a seatbelt is a conscious decision.

Failure to renew your plates is an oversight.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Seatbelt is a moving violation. Urs isn't. U have no problem.