Second official day of peak

MoarTape

LOL...almost took a picture of that today to post on BC....but my load was actually ready early so I rolled out!

I saw a guy taking a picture of it. Only reason I noticed. Lol. I know they did around 1.2 million last year. Must be trying to rally the troops I guess. Ha

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or just hire some more people...If volume is up over 10% from last year we can't expect to hire the same amount of seasonal helpers and drivers and get it all done...technology can only help so much...need the boots on the ground

We normally hire 50-55K seasonal employees----this year we hired 90-95K.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No offense but they should be sending guys like you back out to help the ones that won't finish. If people are bringing back stops no one should get off before 10 pm.

I would agree to a point. If you have a driver/helper team who are working productively and the driver is bringing it in, why would you reward them with extra work?

Kis124

Today brought 3 hours of down time waiting for trailers. I ran out of people to help lol. Sat on my belt and played angry birds

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We normally hire 50-55K seasonal employees----this year we hired 90-95K.
I believe ups last year said they were expecting a bump in volume but hired the same amount of people than in 2012..I believe they were wanting the technology to compensate for the gap..and we all know what happen..they didn't plan well enough for Amazon or weather or building issues

Fnix

1:30 am start time on preload and we dont get done unloading last air until 8:30 am. The drivers bitch how we need to get done earlier when it doesnt matter if air is showing up later.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
1:30 am start time on preload and we dont get done unloading last air until 8:30 am. The drivers bitch how we need to get done earlier when it doesnt matter if air is showing up later.
Midnight start here...and we're stacking out trucks at 920. Can't finish earlier if the work doesn't get here earlier.