Second week preloading, need some insight.

Lambo

Stacking Boxes
Today was the end of my second week preloading trucks off the belt. Running out of room in trucks is becoming less of an issue and I'm getting slightly more efficient at finding the right shelf, no misloads etc. But loading 4 trucks at times becomes extremely stressful and overwhelming, I frequently find myself around half way through my 5 hour shift with massive stacks of boxes outside my designated trucks (~250 pcs/each). Is this a normal part of the learning curve or am I just inefficient? Every driver I've met has been incredibly nice and helpful. I seriously strive to become as efficient as possible, and seek any pieces of knowledge or advice any of you may have.

nWo

All of the drivers are actually nice to you? There's usually at least one per set that's a complete dwad.

Fuzzy Brown

Today was the end of my second week preloading trucks off the belt. Running out of room in trucks is becoming less of an issue and I'm getting slightly more efficient at finding the right shelf, no misloads etc. But loading 4 trucks at times becomes extremely stressful and overwhelming, I frequently find myself around half way through my 5 hour shift with massive stacks of boxes outside my designated trucks (~250 pcs/each). Is this a normal part of the learning curve or am I just inefficient? Every driver I've met has been incredibly nice and helpful. I seriously strive to become as efficient as possible, and seek any pieces of knowledge or advice any of you may have.
Stacking out is normal, if the drivers are nice to you that’s a good sign, they believe you’re trying your best or they think you’re hot.
Either way sounds like you’re doing okay.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Stacking out isn't normal overall, it means youre too slow; it's normal for a new loader though

Speed will come with time, just focus on writing the HIN and keeping a good load quality

GenericUsername

Stacking out isn't normal overall, it means youre too slow; it's normal for a new loader though
With 4 trucks stacking out is perfectly normal. What the hell are you smoking? If I was loading and they gave me 4 trucks, they'd pay. There's no way in hell I'll keep up with that.

I bet you also think Orion is a great system.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
With 4 trucks stacking out is perfectly normal. What the hell are you smoking? If I was loading and they gave me 4 trucks, they'd pay. There's no way in hell I'll keep up with that.

You have no idea whether he's on a belt, slide, or boxline, or how heavy/large each car, or the cube size

Depending on those, a 4 car pull could be a joke or hell on earth

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I keep it down to two simple conditions for when to stack
1)oversize pieces that absolutely cannot be loaded in any way without blocking the floor.
2)bulk stops

You look at the chart ask yourself is this a fair load or is there crap that simply won't fit stack that crap out and move on with the regular pieces.

Do not stack random pieces out. Be very conservative even on a belt.

You slow down because they never do a good job teaching the correct repetitive organization pattern that keeps you up for at minimum the first 200 pieces in a car perfectly sorted or about 600-700 for your assignment. Smooth is slow and slow is fast.
You can fit the remaining third by sorting back and up from the shelves that fill lengthwise and asking yourself questions about how certain bulk stops will fit.

Last edited:

Speed will come with time, just focus on writing the HIN and keeping a good load quality
Stacking is NORMAL. It should be reduced/minimized. It’s best to stack only one or 2 bulk stops rather than random stops. Having 70 pcs of 2 bulk stops is better than 70 pcs of 54 stops.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Keep up the good work

BenHadIt

I bet you also think Orion is a great sy

He probably a driver or management don't mind him.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Just do an honest day of work. Don’t let these guys force you into thinking you have to move at their pace. Plus it’s a part time job. No need to stress yourself out.