Seems Like There are Two Kind of Runners

DeCurtis

...The ones that want to please their bosses, and ones who pretend to be Elite Badass Drivers.

Do you guys agree? And if so, which is worse?

I really hate the "Elite" Drivers --the kind of loser that takes pride in being born to deliver boxes, the kind of guy that's super-cocky about being a Driver and condescendingly calls New Guy's "Rookies" like they're professional athletes or something. These guys are *, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Est.1998

...The ones that want to please their bosses, and ones who pretend to be Elite Badass Drivers.

I really hate the "Elite" Drivers --the kind of loser that takes pride in being born to deliver boxes, the kind of guy that's super-cocky about being a Driver and condescendingly calls New Guy's "Rookies" like they're professional athletes or something. These guys are *, in my opinion.
Lol. I haven't took the time to break down the different breeds of runners but I despise all of them.
They're selfish, dangerous, and will do anything to be off by 5pm including throwing other drivers under the bus.
Side note: my reasons are towards seniority drivers who still run versus new guys who don't really know any better.

Last edited by a moderator:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I tend to not care what other drivers are doing...

That is...

Unless they are moving too slow and can't take stops off me.

I'm taking all my protein breaks.

Gonna be late Boss.

ManInBrown

The elite badass drivers are way worse. It’s not even close. You can never correct them on anything. Everything that comes out of their mouth is always right. Like how dare you question me on something. Didnt anyone tell you I was born to deliver cardboard. The ones who are trying to please the center manager are for the most part just cowards without a backbone. I always felt bad for those drivers. Especially the high seniority ones.

MrBates

We used to call our runners the Thundercats at our building. I can't stand the guys who think they are elite. I overheard this one guy bragging how he'll finish before 17:00 on a blind route while "everyone else will be dik dragging".

I'd rather make more money as a dik dragger than a thundercat.

It's just a matter of time before they will change their tune. UPS has a knack of turning good workers into a-holes.

babboo25

Banned
I think drivers who think working like a slug is cool are the worst. Be great if everyone would worry about themselves, if my son has ballgame u can bet your lazy ass I’m gonna run to make it.

Est.1998

I think drivers who think working like a slug is cool are the worst. Be great if everyone would worry about themselves, if my son has ballgame u can bet your lazy ass I’m gonna run to make it.
I don't work like a slug but i do have a question.
Does your son have a ball game every day Mr. Runner?

DeCurtis

There's a pretty wide line between being a slug and being a runner. Your kid's ball game is no excuse to be breaking the rules. You'll find that out rather quickly after somebody's doorbell cam catches you eating crap and twisting your ankle during the subsequent inquiry.

Roller252

if my son has ballgame u can bet your lazy ass I’m gonna run to make it.
Hear what your saying, just keep in mind there's always another game and it's probably your good job$ with benefits that pays for sluggers little league. Besides those pee wee games last foreeeeeever.

Est.1998

Games, practices, not my only child and have a wife. Hey if you wanna live in a brown turd wagon more power to u.
1621217542439.jpeg

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
You know I ran to qualify (like everyone else) but after that nope never again. I'll work at my pace and get it done when I get done. I'm not killing myself to be off by 4 or 5 everyday. Screw that. We have a route in my center where the guy is done by 415-430 everyday like clock work. Management never seems to understand that if you do it correctly and by the book (not releasing everything at apartments, not over riding signature required and actually doing sweeps of pick ups) that you can't get done before 6pm. He runs like he's qualifying for the Olympics but he makes the numbers so who cares right? Let's just ride the guy who is over allowed but does every last thing by the book. Makes sense to me.