Selling Under ISP sucks

bacha29

I’ve done business with them for decades. They’ve never made changes without plenty of notice. It’s a strange thing to be concerned about. They are my customer, if they decide they want a different service from me, I can provide it or stop doing business with them. You guys that are so upset don’t seem to grasp the relationship properly. That’s probably why you don’t contract with them anymore.
The worst thing any contractor can do for themselves is to ignore the fact that X is their ONLY customer and to overestimate their importance to that one and only customer. It's just a supply agreement whose terms provide the contractor with zero language that could serve to protect the economic interest of the contractor.

Oh don't get me wrong. From a "relationship" standpoint you could be just lovey dovey with that company but it doesn't mean a damn thing in the larger scheme of things. It all comes down to what is and is not in that legal document you sign, especially if a changing economic, legislative or judicial environment brings about a whole new set of operating rules for that company with which you and the current role you play is no longer compatible with those new rules.

It will be fine

The worst thing any contractor can do for themselves is to ignore the fact that X is their ONLY customer and to overestimate their importance to that one and only customer. It's just a supply agreement whose terms provide the contractor with zero language that could serve to protect the economic interest of the contractor.

Oh don't get me wrong. From a "relationship" standpoint you could be just lovey dovey with that company but it doesn't mean a damn thing in the larger scheme of things. It all comes down to what is and is not in that legal document you sign, especially if a changing economic, legislative or judicial environment brings about a whole new set of operating rules for that company with which you and the current role you play is no longer compatible with those new rules.
X being a contractor’s only customer is becoming more rare by the day. Your understanding is constantly shown to be lacking. You don’t understand it’s a business to business relationship not an employer to employee one. Get past that mental hurdle and you might come to understand what’s going on.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Buy a route?. Yeah, you're somebody who would do that but I didn't pay a single dime for my route just lease vehicle and get going and as time went by numerous other routes were offered to me again completely free of charge. turned them all down. Instead of paying a guy everything the route makes just to go out there and chase RD's all day and half the night you might as well just give them the route. Whatever they got out it they could keep. I knew it was going to be hard for them and so they deserved the opportunity to take whatever they got out of it home with them.....It was simply a matter of fairness.

You could have taken a job with UPS. All of the money plus the best benefits in the industry.

bacha29

X being a contractor’s only customer is becoming more rare by the day. Your understanding is constantly shown to be lacking. You don’t understand it’s a business to business relationship not an employer to employee one. Get past that mental hurdle and you might come to understand what’s going on.
If the only DOT rights you are operating under is FXG's they are you're ONLY customer. If you have your own DOT authority or own a separate entity hauling under someone else's authority then you have more than one customer. In the meantime I have yet to see an FXG branded vehicle out there with anything other than FXG's DOT numbers on it.

bacha29

You could have taken a job with UPS. All of the money plus the best benefits in the industry.
I' m sure that UPS appreciates you dragging them into the debate in an effort to defend yourself. LMAO. Might as well bring Bed Bath and Beyond into the fray while you're at along with Sears , Build A Bear Workshop, Angie's List and Shake Shack .

It will be fine

If the only DOT rights you are operating under is FXG's they are you're ONLY customer. If you have your own DOT authority or own a separate entity hauling under someone else's authority then you have more than one customer. In the meantime I have yet to see an FXG branded vehicle out there with anything other than FXG's DOT numbers on it.
Again, your view is small. Many contractors have contracts with other carriers. Many run their own diesel shops and truck rental franchises. Most linehaul contractors have contracts and trucks with other carriers. There are plenty of delivery companies that contract out their work. It’s a business relationship with FedEx, you cry about control with no real understanding of the relationship.

bacha29

Again, your view is small. Many contractors have contracts with other carriers. Many run their own diesel shops and truck rental franchises. Most linehaul contractors have contracts and trucks with other carriers. There are plenty of delivery companies that contract out their work. It’s a business relationship with FedEx, you cry about control with no real understanding of the relationship.
I just got done mentioning separate entities with their own authority.
Do you have your own DOT authority ? Yes or No? Whatever the case when it comes to FXG as long as their DOT numbers are on the side of the trucks and the only thing that goes in them is FXG bar coded freight and the people who drive the trucks are your employees in name only because they are fully subjected to FXG's policies and disciplines, they own and control everything except the risks, liabilities and variable costs..... They dumped all that on to you......And having a third party to dump onto is why Dan Sullivan created the RPS contractor model .

The only way to distance yourself from those people is to have another revenue stream that they can't gain control over.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Maybe you aren't missing the point in your zeal to shill for FEDEX. You constantly deflect, seemingly intentionally, on issues and facts that put FEDEX in any sort of bad light. I know FEDEX used to reward contractors who supported them on these types of forums. Is that what is happening with you? Just curious, because without shills, FEDEX wouldn't have any support for potential employees or contractors and would not have the steady stream of the uninformed who are seeking out unbiased information outside of FEDEX control.
Calling Dano...59 Dano.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I' m sure that UPS appreciates you dragging them into the debate in an effort to defend yourself. LMAO. Might as well bring Bed Bath and Beyond into the fray while you're at along with Sears , Build A Bear Workshop, Angie's List and Shake Shack .

Dance around the issue that you took such great risk with your time, health, and money to buy a job that's not as good as comparable ones in that industry and then turn around and act like the people who took on far more risk and experienced far more success don't know what they're doing.

Nolimitz

you sure are the expert for never having been there. Why do you even care about ground subjects?

Dance around the issue that you took such great risk with your time, health, and money to buy a job that's not as good as comparable ones in that industry and then turn around and act like the people who took on far more risk and experienced far more success don't know what they're doing.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

I claim to read posts by this one guy in which he tries to lecture people who are demonstrably more successful than he ever was.
Good God, don’t you ever get tired of being a shill?