Selling Under ISP sucks

This really sucks new buyer has been waiting on FedEx to reach out to him to negotiate the new agreement still no contact from the negotiations at all ( note this started months ago). Terminal Manager won't talk, so called contractor relations automated response via email has been the same for months want return any phone calls.....

Has anyone else been going through this?

It will be fine

This really sucks new buyer has been waiting on FedEx to reach out to him to negotiate the new agreement still no contact from the negotiations at all ( note this started months ago). Terminal Manager won't talk, so called contractor relations automated response via email has been the same for months want return any phone calls.....

Has anyone else been going through this?
What’s the reason to renegotiate? Did you submit a request?

What’s the reason to renegotiate? Did you submit a request?
The new buyer will merging the routes into one agreement which will require a renegotiation. We both approved the request a month ago. Following our approval we received a email stating negotiations will contact us within 10 days its been 3 weeks sense that email (nothing) Peak will be here soon i doubt they will allow a transfer during that time this sucks .

It will be fine

The new buyer will merging the routes into one agreement which will require a renegotiation. We both approved the request a month ago. Following our approval we received a email stating negotiations will contact us within 10 days its been 3 weeks sense that email (nothing) Peak will be here soon i doubt they will allow a transfer during that time this sucks .
That’s strange. I would just subcontract everything to the new buyer and let him collect surge stop pay through peak. He’ll make a killing. You can continue to collect all the fixed portions of the contract. Everybody wins.

It will be fine

You mean it is YOUR business, and you need approval to sell it to whoever you want??????????? That is some independence you have.
I could sell my company to whoever I want to. It’s not worth much without the FedEx contract though, so making sure the new owner maintains that relationship is pretty important. This isn’t complicated.

bacha29

You mean it is YOUR business, and you need approval to sell it to whoever you want??????????? That is some independence you have.
You can sell to whoever you want pending Fedex approval and they may or may not grant it. Combined with the fact that while drivers are your legal employees they are subjected to Fedex policies and discipline and together they serve to prove conclusively that the people Fedex proclaims to be "independent contractors" are in reality nothing more than administrators with an equity participation.

bbsam

Staff member
You can sell to whoever you want pending Fedex approval and they may or may not grant it. Combined with the fact that while drivers are your legal employees they are subjected to Fedex policies and discipline and together they serve to prove conclusively that the people Fedex proclaims to be "independent contractors" are in reality nothing more than administrators with an equity participation.
Oh. Kinda like a franchise. I get it

Do you?

bacha29

Oh. Kinda like a franchise. I get it

Do you?
Can you show me where in your contract the word "franchise" along with the term "franchise rights' are mentioned,acknowledged, recognized and granted by Fedex? it's not "kinda" like a franchise. Either it is or is isn't.

bbsam

Staff member
Can you show me where in your contract the word "franchise" along with the term "franchise rights' are mentioned,acknowledged, recognized and granted by Fedex? it's not "kinda" like a franchise. Either it is or is isn't.
I can show you where I said “Kinda like a franchise.”

It’s easier than “Where’s Waldo”.

bacha29

I can show you where I said “Kinda like a franchise.”

It’s easier than “Where’s Waldo”.
When it comes to a legal term such as "franchise" it either is or it isn't. There's no gray area or "kinda's" . It's a supplier agreement with limited proprietary rights granted by Fedex whose definition and application are whatever Fedex says they are

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The Independent Contractor/Independent Service Provider is just some convenient lingo to serve as a anti-union firewall. Said it before and I'll say it again, It's just scam.

It will be fine

The Independent Contractor/Independent Service Provider is just some convenient lingo to serve as a anti-union firewall. Said it before and I'll say it again, It's just scam.
What’s your point? Plenty of “scams” can be lucrative and produce value. The contracts have value as evidenced by their sales. I don’t understand the point of crying about the degree of independence contractors have.

XEQaF

kinda like being an employee who runs someone else's idea of a franchise and gets paid to maintain and not ask questions

bacha29

Requiring people to put money at risk to perform the service for which X gets paid and could just as easily perform themselves has never stopped them from doing whatever they damn well please. You're there until they find a better way and they're not going to give a rodents expletive deleted about what happens to you and thus the vulnerable position contractors find themselves cannot be dismissed or minimized because none of the expected or hoped for outcomes are something that the contractor has any control over.
I keep an eye on the routes for sale boards and have noticed that some of them have been up for quite awhile along with the shorter times they've been owned by the current seller along with some price cutting. Not to mention the fact that the price listed will be the price they had to settle for.

bacha29

What independence?
You can decide independently when to quit. Other than that you simply have no way to safeguard or preserve your investment in the face of whatever decisions corporate makes because they're ONLY obligation is to protect and enhance the investment of their shareholders. That is the inescapable reality and the key is to get out while there are still some interested investors out there willing to put their balls on the anvil because while they may be there today there's no guarantee that they'll still be there tomorrow.

dmac1

What’s your point? Plenty of “scams” can be lucrative and produce value. The contracts have value as evidenced by their sales. I don’t understand the point of crying about the degree of independence contractors have.

People are taken in by scams every day. Just because it is lucrative doesn't make it 'your' business. And it can be pulled ANY day, even if you have done NOTHING wrong. All fedex needs to do is tell you that they are changing their business model.

It will be fine

People are taken in by scams every day. Just because it is lucrative doesn't make it 'your' business. And it can be pulled ANY day, even if you have done NOTHING wrong. All fedex needs to do is tell you that they are changing their business model.
Ya, ALL FedEx has to do is fundamentally change their entire business model. Lulz, sorry contracting didn’t work for you. It’s not for everyone.