Seniority Part Timers Employees Got Screwed Again on Tentative contract!!!

Thebrownblob

I asked a question to someone.
You chimed in with an irrelevant post.
What response were you looking for?

You seem very triggered lately part timer.
Take a deep breath, everything's okay buddy.
Worried the new contract might hurt his gravy train. He’s been “getting his” off the backs of part-timers for years.

I make $39.90/hr doing the same job as the FT car washers. Actually I do a lot more then the broken down former delivery drivers who will not leave.
So are you saying every PTer should make $39.90? Or are you saying any seniority PTer should make $39.90 and the rest should make $21?

The question was asked as how much more a seniority PTer should make than a new hire, or a 4-year PTer, or a 20-year PTer vs a 7-year PTer.

How much more should one PTer make above any PTer based on time served?

PT Car Washer

So are you saying every PTer should make $39.90? Or are you saying any seniority PTer should make $39.90 and the rest should make $21?

The question was asked as how much more a seniority PTer should make than a new hire, or a 4-year PTer, or a 20-year PTer vs a 7-year PTer.

You ask a very confusing and complicated question. Obviously the company is not going to bump all PT up to $40.hr overnight. But this years contract gave the Union an opportunity to close the gap. Took 40 years for PT to go from equal pay to minimum wage. I never expected to close that gap in one contract. This contract just widens the gap from $23/hr PT to $49/hr FT wages.

Thebrownblob

You ask a very confusing and complicated question. Obviously the company is not going to bump all PT up to $40.hr overnight. But this years contract gave the Union an opportunity to close the gap. Took 40 years for PT to go from equal pay to minimum wage. I never expected to close that gap in one contract. This contract just widens the gap from $23/hr PT to $49/hr FT wages.
From $15 to $21 is a six dollar jump I say that’s closing the gap.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Notice how he refused to answer?
He's not the only one, none of them will.

I understand it could be complex, but I just asked what you think the solution is...

...how much more a seniority PTer should make than a new hire, or a 4-year PTer, or a 20-year PTer vs a 7-year PTer.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You make PT Union members sound like illegal aliens that just crossed the river wanting to work for Pennies instead of fellow Union members
By suggesting they should have the dignity of a full time job?

Seems to me you're the one suggesting they should be forced to work multiple jobs and fight for scraps to survive.

Thebrownblob

You make PT Union members sound like illegal aliens that just crossed the river wanting to work for Pennies instead of fellow Union members who have been neglected for 40 years. Of course I have to consider the source.
And you sound like a fake virtue signaler who pretends they care about an issue while doing everything he can to destroy opportunity for as many as possible.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Notice how he refused to answer?
He's not the only one, none of them will.
The simplest answer I have is to narrow the gap between FT and PT Union members. Equal pay for equal work.
Okay, good. Mission accomplished, you should be a "yes" vote. Too bad.
Still refused to answer.