seniority

1989NW

I work preload and am a utility driver. I have a coworker on preload that is also a utility driver but lower than me on the seniority list. This coworker has driven the same route almost every day for the last two months and I have driven random routes only five days in the last two months. My supervisor tells me that the reason my coworker has been driving so much more than I have is because he has route knowledge. The route that he is driving is the same route he drove last peak season. Is this how it works? Route knowledge? I thought seniority takes place over anything? It just doesn't make sense to me. I could learn the route in two days and then I would have route knowledge as well.

542thruNthru

I work preload and am a utility driver. I have a coworker on preload that is also a utility driver but lower than me on the seniority list. This coworker has driven the same route almost every day for the last two months and I have driven random routes only five days in the last two months. My supervisor tells me that the reason my coworker has been driving so much more than I have is because he has route knowledge. The route that he is driving is the same route he drove last peak season. Is this how it works? Route knowledge? I thought seniority takes place over anything? It just doesn't make sense to me. I could learn the route in two days and then I would have route knowledge as well.

To better answer your question people will need to know what region and supplement you are under.

Here if someone with less seniority is worked and you are sent home you would file.

1989NW

To better answer your question people will need to know what region and supplement you are under.

Here if someone with less seniority is worked and you are sent home you would file.

I am in the west

542thruNthru

I am in the west

Where in the West?

I'm in San Diego. Here we have classification seniority. No matter if he has route knowledge over me or not I have the right to work before he does because of my seniority.

Read your supplemental language on part-time cover drivers.

1989NW

Where in the West?

I'm in San Diego. Here we have classification seniority. No matter if he has route knowledge over me or not I have the right to work before he does because of my seniority.

Read your supplemental language on part-time cover drivers.
Supplemental language? Is that in the contract book?

LeadBelly

Banned
Seniority rules. When you call in, always ask if anyone with less seniority is working. That is if they say you aren't working.

1989NW

This coworker rarely works preload anymore. They come in at 8:30 browns on with the rest of the drivers knowing that they are driving a specific route. I work preload every morning when I have higher seniority.
I will get a contract book Monday and read it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This coworker rarely works preload anymore. They come in at 8:30 browns on with the rest of the drivers knowing that they are driving a specific route. I work preload every morning when I have higher seniority.
I will get a contract book Monday and read it.

You can read it now online.