Senority years equal to vacation weeks

BUCN85

Does anybody know if there's somewhere to find how many weeks vacation you get to how many years you have been employed? I currently just reached 7 years thanks

By The Book

Does anybody know if there's somewhere to find how many weeks vacation you get to how many years you have been employed? I currently just reached 7 years thanks
It should be in your supplement under vacations. There should be very similar language for part timers as well.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
10 years is too long to wait for a measly three weeks off. Then again 8 weeks is also too long here in Central.
It's really 4 weeks off with your option week. I agree though. I'm gonna need 25-30 years in to get the vacation my wife will have after 3 years.

No I don't think we need 10 weeks off but 15 years in should max you out vacation wise

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
It's really 4 weeks off with your option week. I agree though. I'm gonna need 25-30 years in to get the vacation my wife will have after 3 years. No I don't think we need 10 weeks off but 15 years in should max you out vacation wise
When I was a cop, other than the pursuits and foot chases, the thing I miss most is how much time I was able to take off...when I wanted to. I accrued 120 sick hrs a year from day one and 80hrs off for first 5 years. The kicker was that instead of OT I could earn comp time. We were able to have up to 480 hrs comp saved a year. After 5 years we earned 120hrs off. 10 years to 20 years it was 180 hrs off. Sick days could also be carried over year to year up to 2000 hrs.

When I left, I had 480 hrs comp time 900+ hrs sick and 180 vacation. I was able to take off somewhere around 4 months before I retired and still get paid for my sick time. I really miss all that time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I was a cop, other than the pursuits and foot chases, the thing I miss most is how much time I was able to take off...when I wanted to. I accrued 120 sick hrs a year from day one and 80hrs off for first 5 years. The kicker was that instead of OT I could earn comp time. We were able to have up to 480 hrs comp saved a year. After 5 years we earned 120hrs off. 10 years to 20 years it was 180 hrs off. Sick days could also be carried over year to year up to 2000 hrs.

When I left, I had 480 hrs comp time 900+ hrs sick and 180 vacation. I was able to take off somewhere around 4 months before I retired and still get paid for my sick time. I really miss all that time.
Yeah plus the freedom to use it as you please it awesome.
The wife and I will both eventually be able to take 2 months off every year. Problem is we both pick that time in nov/December of the previous year. It's nice to plan things but hard to do anything on a whim.