Seriously

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Let’s do some math,

Suzy has 15 air stops, Suzy can only get 10 air off on time but Bobby gives Suzy 15 anyways, Suzy has 5 late, running them in trace, mean while, running 10 before 10:30

Suzy has 10 air stops, but 5 will be on the plane late. Suzy runs the 10 air stops up to 10:30 and gets the 5 shuttled out, running them in trace.

Either way Suzy has late air, so Suzy says screw it, stops GAF, making her day a lot better, whether the air gets here on time or not.

Winner at the end of the day, Suzy

Loser, the customer

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Preload won't get done by the time air arrives regardless. Every time it has showed up on time there would still be 50 normal packages to process per car.

We had one whole assignment, 1300 pieces, left without a loader assigned to it. Give 2 seasonals/double-shifters 2 cars a piece and it would be a piece of cake. Air was coming down at 8:50, More than half of our drivers were not out until 9:30 - 10:00. It does not take 1 hour to process just air I guarantee it.

Settle with air mechanics you say... no... settle with inside workers.

UPSjedi41

25C021E8-571E-4C2C-98B2-AB1251B58066.jpeg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I start at 915am and wait for my TP60 to arrive. My center has been holding the drivers until the air is processed. Some days I will just sit getting paid for an hour plus. Pretty much guarantees I'm over 9.5 for the day.

35years

Gravy route
If air was on time everyday they would process the ground on time.

Since the bosses know the air will be late they are not going to make processing the ground on time a priority. If they did the shifts would stretch out too long...

This situation only further degrades service, and creates huge inefficiencies that are not easily quantified. I swear UPS will drag it out to save a few bucks on them (on pure stubbornness) meanwhile losing far more in the overall operation.

Settle with the air mechanics so we can all get done earlier.