Service Quality, where are we heading?

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
You guys are blaming drivers of different generations but the truth of the matter is that as soon as the company went public with its stock the company became a giant numbers machine and all of it’s employees, both management and bargaining, became “costs”.

Brownwind

It was very different carrying large amounts of cash back then. I knew guys with routes in Newport, R.I. It wasn’t uncommon for them to have 10k in cash from CODs during summer tourist season.
Old timers and newer homesteaders were the worst. Never trusted banks so they never had checks and only used small bills. A lot more miles between stops and no cell phones or communication with the center.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
What was the thought process of drivers collecting cash on road when checks existed? They actually did this for years while cash disappeared?
I delivered to a school teacher who had a sideline selling guns. I guess he wrote some bad checks. His COD's were cash only. It wasn't unusual for him to get 10-15k in cash only cod's in a day. Bad thing is, he paid me in 5's, 10's and 20's. We always had a supervisor recount the money before it was dropped in the safe. Wasn't unusual to spend an hour doing the checkout.

Johney

IMG_5754.gif

Johney

The service is light years ahead of what it was before. We deliver air on time instead of just writing down that we did. We don't steal COD money to gamble with or rob the customer by taking their money to buy lunch while actually waiving the fee.

The drivers of the past were a bunch of lazy SOB that nearly drove this company into ground with their lies and document falsifying.
IMG_5693.jpeg

Thebrownblob

Says the generation that cried cause they don’t have a/c in their package cars, coolers full of ice everywhere….Geezus. @UnionStrong you believe this crap? Oh don’t let me forget long pants, high steps and no power steering.
Settle down grandpa I never wanted air-conditioning and I started with a high Step and no power steering, manual.😂

dudebro

You knew pretty soon you were going to roll up on a business that was shut down when the shippers stopped taking checks and stuff arrived C.O.D. or you couldn't leave the package. Suppose it's the same today with money orders...