Setting an example...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The sole reason I got fired. I bucked up to them and they found anything they could get me for. By firing me, even though it won't stick, makes all the younger drivers think "he was doing things way better than me, and they still got him."

You got it. They try to throw it against the wall. Every now and then it sticks

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Management can try to set an example by disciplining someone over some seriously bogus stuff. It bothers me to no end. Every few months or at least once a year someone has to "get fired" for something to make people aware. To me, this only unites us as union brothers and makes our resolve that much stronger to stand our ground and keep fighting against stupid dispatches and unfair discipline.

If your going to fire someone, at least make it a disliked employee, not a loved and respected member of the union that all other employees go to for wisdom. /rantoff

At first you seemed to have a legitimate beef but then it kind of fell flat..

1) Bogus stuff = how many times do we have to ask you to do something, there is a limit you know, every center manager has a breaking point.

2) Fire a disliked employee = isn't that what the contract is about - same punishment for all

3) Not a loved an respected MEMBER OF THE UNION all other employees go to for wisdom = would you love and respect him if he wasn't in the union?

Your rant is more about Union vs Company I do believe.

Good Night.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The sole reason I got fired. I bucked up to them and they found anything they could get me for. By firing me, even though it won't stick, makes all the younger drivers think "he was doing things way better than me, and they still got him."
If the discharge doesn't stick, then they didn't get you, did they?

At first you seemed to have a legitimate beef but then it kind of fell flat..

1) Bogus stuff = how many times do we have to ask you to do something, there is a limit you know, every center manager has a breaking point.

2) Fire a disliked employee = isn't that what the contract is about - same punishment for all

3) Not a loved an respected MEMBER OF THE UNION all other employees go to for wisdom = would you love and respect him if he wasn't in the union?

Your rant is more about Union vs Company I do believe.

Good Night.
Up early? writting warning letters and discharge papers?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Up early? writting warning letters and discharge papers?
2014-10-03-13-30-54-1917542438.jpeg
maybe he ran out of warning letter paper? My center manager uses Charmin for write ups...lmao

Even before temematics if you had more than 10 minutes between stops it would show up on a report. I knew a driver who got fired for talking on phone too long without coding it as a break (he was going through a divorce and under a lot of stress) before telematics but DIAD still tracked his time. He did get his job back but it was just another example of the compassion at UPS.
SPARKS. Report

BrownTexas

Funniest part is now that I am back I decided to use an option day today. When I called in the supervisor told me "But we need you today". I wish I would have thought to say,"But you didn't need me 2 weeks ago when you tired to fire me."

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Funniest part is now that I am back I decided to use an option day today. When I called in the supervisor told me "But we need you today". I wish I would have thought to say,"But you didn't need me 2 weeks ago when you tired to fire me."
Is there ever a good time to call out?It's always...oh no...we need you, we
can't possibly move packages without (insert name) here! Until you come in, then you're just another lazy, overpaid POS. :nobrainzombis::nobrainzombis: