Shareholders Letter to Carol Tome

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Maybe they sell trucks and routes. Go independent contractor mode?
IMG_4703.gif

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
In addition to that, there are a ton of Access Points. They don't necessarily need to deliver house-to-house. Non important shippers could be spread out to the AP for customers to pick up. Depending on the town, they could literally deliver an entire route to 4-5 AP and be done with it. That should give the company 3-5 days of a strike before the APs start rejecting packages because the customers are not coming quick enough to pick them up and they run out of room. Obviously this won't work for areas with not much APs.
No...

YourMissingCallTag

You can take an idiot off the street now, push a button, if he can read, he go directly to the stop.
I’ll guess we’ll find out August 1st if things don’t get straightened out. Between ORION and MapNav having you deliver to the wrong side of a lot of busy streets, it’ll be a miracle if someone doesn’t get seriously hurt following that garbage.

Zowert

that isn't working for fed ex.
I have a friend that drives for FedEx Express. He told me they have drivers dedicated for pick up routes, so the delivery guys don’t have to do it. Here at UPS we cover both deliveries and pick ups, so I’d imagine UPS would have to do the same if they went with contractors that pay their employees lower wages.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have a friend that drives for FedEx Express. He told me they have drivers dedicated for pick up routes, so the delivery guys don’t have to do it. Here at UPS we cover both deliveries and pick ups, so I’d imagine UPS would have to do the same if they went with contractors that pay their employees lower wages.
No, pay a flat rate for both. Everything basically the same just with independents.

Staydryitsraining

Fed ex ground can't keep drivers or contractors.

HarryWarden

DOK

As a shareholder, I’m concerned not only about a strike, but how our ceo has exposed ups to bad press, customers bailing for fear of strike, etc. What ceo doesn’t recognize the sentiment of Americans nowadays towards big corporations and how they treat their employees and customers, and gouge the American consumer over the past 3-4 years? Yet ups continues to gaslight on social media. Only to seemingly meet the teamsters demands in the long run anyway (if next week goes well), should’ve been settled a month ago.
Irresponsible and amateur of her, and has cost shareholders immeasurable value.