Shareholders Letter to Carol Tome

ManInBrown

As a shareholder, I’m concerned not only about a strike, but how our ceo has exposed ups to bad press, customers bailing for fear of strike, etc. What ceo doesn’t recognize the sentiment of Americans nowadays towards big corporations and how they treat their employees and customers, and gouge the American consumer over the past 3-4 years? Yet ups continues to gaslight on social media. Only to seemingly meet the teamsters demands in the long run anyway (if next week goes well), should’ve been settled a month ago.
Irresponsible and amateur of her, and has cost shareholders immeasurable value.
They won’t meet the demands next week. Calling it right now, this is all for show. They’ll announce next week, well we tried. We made a solid offer, they didn’t accept it. We’re striking. I give next week negotiations ending with them caving and giving O’Brien what he is asking for about a 10% chance.

Pullman Brown

They won’t meet the demands next week. Calling it right now, this is all for show. They’ll announce next week, well we tried. We made a solid offer, they didn’t accept it. We’re striking. I give next week negotiations ending with them caving and giving O’Brien what he is asking for about a 10% chance.

Nah.. will have a tentative.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

So I should start looking for jobs at my local Dominos then.

DOK

Then she failed there as well, however this goes, she’s done a terrible job with these negotiations.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As a shareholder, I’m concerned not only about a strike, but how our ceo has exposed ups to bad press, customers bailing for fear of strike, etc. What ceo doesn’t recognize the sentiment of Americans nowadays towards big corporations and how they treat their employees and customers, and gouge the American consumer over the past 3-4 years? Yet ups continues to gaslight on social media. Only to seemingly meet the teamsters demands in the long run anyway (if next week goes well), should’ve been settled a month ago.
Irresponsible and amateur of her, and has cost shareholders immeasurable value.
Two days after this thing is settled, everything is forgotten.

HarryWarden

How has everyone’s flow been? I’ve been getting swamped this week, almost feels like peak season flow. I wonder if it’s because people are shipping more in anticipation of a strike

But then I saw an article saying how Louisville hub flow is slow and they’re changing schedules so I wasn’t sure

RangerMan06

How has everyone’s flow been? I’ve been getting swamped this week, almost feels like peak season flow. I wonder if it’s because people are shipping more in anticipation of a strike

But then I saw an article saying how Louisville hub flow is slow and they’re changing schedules so I wasn’t sure

We've been swamped. Running every route every day this week.

JustDeliverIt

I think we will have a TA as well. No matter what the agreement is, SOB and a handful of others know what he’s pushing for. If the company gets close, he can claim a win all along. Everyone underneath him falls in line for the greater good.

Not criticizing SOB at all, but putting us out on strike over a close offer with a lot of good improvements along the way might not be the best move.

We’ll see, I’m game for whatever.

Undertow

I've floated that possibility as well. It's not as if the CEO or the board members have to be accountable to the general public since most of them don't interact with everyday working people as it is. It's not as if the other members of the 1% club they hang with would ever admonish them for orchestrating a strike that could harm the economy and anybody that toils in it. If anything they might cheer it on.

BlackCat

I think we will have a TA as well. No matter what the agreement is, SOB and a handful of others know what he’s pushing for. If the company gets close, he can claim a win all along. Everyone underneath him falls in line for the greater good.

Not criticizing SOB at all, but putting us out on strike over a close offer with a lot of good improvements along the way might not be the best move.

we have been settling for “close” for far too long.

why is it that we are always the ones to have to accept less?

Undertow

It might depend on how intent SOB is on attempting a push into organizing at places like Amazon. A lot of that company's warehouse workers resemble the demographic that makes up a substantial amount of part-timers at UPS and he might feel he has to secure a win on starting wages and "catch-up raises in this negotiation for them to really take notice.

I definitely get what you're saying. If what we've heard about what has been achieved to this point in negotiations is indeed true, there's certainly risk in calling the company's bluff and walking out, but if it comes to that, we've all gotta hold the line together.