Shareholders Letter to Carol Tome

1666588018774273.png

Whatthewhat

But somehow stock has risen $15 in the last 30 days??
That letter is just for show! They couldn’t care less as long as their making money and their making lots of it.

Zowert

But somehow stock has risen $15 in the last 30 days??
That letter is just for show! They couldn’t care less as long as their making money and their making lots of it.
I’m sure if they could figure out a way to replace 340,000 union members with cheaper non-union employees they would. This is a letter from a retirement fund that owns over $191 million worth of UPS stock. They only care about the bottom line. If we were to strike it would be devastating for them. This is a whole different ball game than 1997 now that UPS is public.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I’m sure if they could figure out a way to replace 340,000 union members with cheaper non-union employees they would. This is a letter from a retirement fund that owns over $191 million worth of UPS stock. They only care about the bottom line. If we were to strike it would be devastating for them. This is a whole different ball game than 1997 now that UPS is public.

Seriously folks if the Company was planning on replacing us all they would have done it back in 1997. They wouldn’t even have to wait till the end of this Contract year, all they had to do is quit paying into our pensions and health and welfare plans. All a dog and pony show, in today’s world it does not matter what kind of free advertising you get (good or bad), the Teamsters and UPS will benefit from it.

Now if we do go out, that will be another story. I personally do not see it, far too many hands in the pot.

We shall see…finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel…

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Meaning we as a union have a stronger foothold. We want better and if we don’t get better then 1% America loses. Even if we all get a significant pay raise, the company will always find a way to profit.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Seriously folks if the Company was planning on replacing us all they would have done it back in 1997.
They couldn't do it '97 because of the knowledge of the routes by the drivers.
There was no technology.
You can take an idiot of the street now, push a button, if he can read, he go directly to the stop.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
There was no technology.
You can take an idiot of the street now, push a button, if he can read, he go directly to the stop.
That blue line isn’t always the right way to go.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If they hold out and destroy the union, how long would it take to cover the battle damages?

Pee Bottle

technology will ne the nemesis of the teamsters....redo the relationships between the union and management...
There is a fourth Industrial Revolution coming that is going to completely change man’s relationship to work, unfortunately. Since the Luddites began to revolt, technology has been racing past our ability to control it. That was a long time ago.

Arizax2

There was no technology.
In addition to that, there are a ton of Access Points. They don't necessarily need to deliver house-to-house. Non important shippers could be spread out to the AP for customers to pick up. Depending on the town, they could literally deliver an entire route to 4-5 AP and be done with it. That should give the company 3-5 days of a strike before the APs start rejecting packages because the customers are not coming quick enough to pick them up and they run out of room. Obviously this won't work for areas with not much APs.

Zowert

If they hold out and destroy the union, how long would it take to cover the battle damages?
I don’t think they could replace 340k of us even if they tried. If they somehow managed to replace us then I think UPS would be a shell of its former self, taking a nose dive on the Fortune 500 list. Maybe even go the way of Enron and cease to exist.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don’t think they could replace 340k of us even if they tried. If they somehow managed to replace us then I think UPS would be a shell of its former self, taking a nose dive on the Fortune 500 list. Maybe even go the way of Enron and cease to exist.
Maybe they sell trucks and routes. Go independent contractor mode?