Sheeted pkg during lunch as ni1, again....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Run into a lot of grey areas on saturday.

Example one: have a saver to deliver at 12:05. Youre done delivering all your commits and most saturday drivers are done by 12. Do you sit there and wait an hour? For a business that wont re-open on a saturday?

Example Two: You get a shipper release package for a multiple story office building. The office building is closed on weekends and in a busy part of down. So you obviously cant reach the 5th floor and cant get in the building. Do you leave it outside the building where it will most likely either get stolen or not delivered to the correct floor.

Type of questions that management has no answer to. But then might complain at you since they are forced to by a higher up.

The 12-1 edict does not apply to Saturday deliveries.

Would you want your package sitting outside of a locked door on a busy street all weekend?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sheeting a business stop clo1 between 12-1 on a Saturday will show up on a report.

The 12-1 rule is meant for M-friend operations only. While sheeting a business stop as closed between 12-1 on a Saturday may show up on a report, there is no justification for that driver to sit there for 55 minutes waiting for that business to re-open, especially if it is a business that is either closed all day or has closed for the day and it is his/her last stop of the day. Of course, the driver should do all that he/she can to get rid of the package, to include trying to indirect it.

There are times when businesses have no idea that they will be receiving a Saturday NDA and as such do not plan accordingly.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The 12-1 rule is meant for M-friend operations only. While sheeting a business stop as closed between 12-1 on a Saturday may show up on a report, there is no justification for that driver to sit there for 55 minutes waiting for that business to re-open, especially if it is a business that is either closed all day or has closed for the day and it is his/her last stop of the day. Of course, the driver should do all that he/she can to get rid of the package, to include trying to indirect it.

There are times when businesses have no idea that they will be receiving a Saturday NDA and as such do not plan accordingly.
Riiight. I guess I just imagined getting a warning for closed between 12-1 on Saturday, from the center manager for the center that handles the M-friend pkgs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Riiight. I guess I just imagined getting a warning for closed between 12-1 on Saturday, from the center manager for the center that handles the M-friend pkgs.

The OP said he got to the stop at 12:05, this was his last stop and that they were closed for the day. How would you have sheeted the stop?

A. CLO 1 which may or may not get you a "talking to" Monday morning.

B. CLO-H which also may or may not get you a "talking to" Monday morning.

C. Try to indirect the package, if possible.

D. Sit there for 55 minutes and wait for the business to not re-open just to show that an attempt was made between noon and 1.

Keep in mind that in most smaller centers such as mine Saturday air drivers work punch to punch with no lunch and that most have no idea what the operating hours are for the businesses that they will be delivering to.

I would have chosen "C" but if that was not an option I would have then chosen either "A" or "B" and dealt with the fallout, if any, on Monday. There is no way in the world I would have sat for 55 minutes in front of business that is closed for the day just to look good on some damn report. Common sense has to prevail somewhere in all of this.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
In the case the OP outlined, msg the center for instructions. WAD.
  • If they say wait, then wait.
  • If they want the closed 12-1, that's fine by me. The weekday center can take it up with the Saturday ctr mgmt.
  • If they want to grant permission to use some other non-delivery code, they can specify it. But here only NI1 & CL1 are used on Saturdays, so I'm sure that shows on a report, too.

ArcherUTR

The OP said he got to the stop at 12:05, this was his last stop and that they were closed for the day. How would you have sheeted the stop?

A. CLO 1 which may or may not get you a "talking to" Monday morning.

B. CLO-H which also may or may not get you a "talking to" Monday morning.

C. Try to indirect the package, if possible.

D. Sit there for 55 minutes and wait for the business to not re-open just to show that an attempt was made between noon and 1.

Keep in mind that in most smaller centers such as mine Saturday air drivers work punch to punch with no lunch and that most have no idea what the operating hours are for the businesses that they will be delivering to.

I would have chosen "C" but if that was not an option I would have then chosen either "A" or "B" and dealt with the fallout, if any, on Monday. There is no way in the world I would have sat for 55 minutes in front of business that is closed for the day just to look good on some damn report. Common sense has to prevail somewhere in all of this.

Where's E?

E. Contact your Center and ask for instructions

JL 0513

When I was new, like most, I made the mistake of sheeting businesses between 12-1. Actually hard to remember when you're a rookie. I was just texted to void and re-sheet after 1. No big deal. The idea of a write up never occurred.

Example Two: You get a shipper release package for a multiple story office building. The office building is closed on weekends and in a busy part of down. So you obviously cant reach the 5th floor and cant get in the building. Do you leave it outside the building where it will most likely either get stolen or not delivered to the correct floor.

This reminds me of a problem I've seen a couple of times regarding "shipper release" packages. We have been instructed on several occasions at PCM's to leave shipper release packages no matter what including closed business. Even on a sidewalk in the middle of a busy city. But then the other day I get a residential shipper release pkg but one at a DO NOT DR house. The DIAD does not let you DR it. So we have two conflicting things here. In this case, I did not DR of course. Is there a solution to this??

ArcherUTR

When I was new, like most, I made the mistake of sheeting businesses between 12-1. Actually hard to remember when you're a rookie. I was just texted to void and re-sheet after 1. No big deal. The idea of a write up never occurred.

This reminds me of a problem I've seen a couple of times regarding "shipper release" packages. We have been instructed on several occasions at PCM's to leave shipper release packages no matter what including closed business. Even on a sidewalk in the middle of a busy city. But then the other day I get a residential shipper release pkg but one at a DO NOT DR house. The DIAD does not let you DR it. So we have two conflicting things here. In this case, I did not DR of course. Is there a solution to this??

We have received DIAD training to use the RELNUM softkey to DR non DR stops and for businesses. After the stop complete button it will ask you whether the stop was RES or COMM.

I've heard that if Big Arrow Up back to the address screen and put the cursor on the street name and use the Override soft key, then the stop no longer comes up with the 'No DR' flag.