Sheeted pkg during lunch as ni1, again....

novadriver

He made me sign the sheet with our times on it, and nothing was written on the sheet, im just wondering if he tryn to scare me or something. I'll definitly not make this mistake again if they keep me

ArcherUTR

I've only sheeted between 12/1 a couple times but I just went back in to stop voided it out & sheeted it after 1,& both times never was confronted by management

Sent using BrownCafe App

We may have all have done this; however, that's an instant termination integrity issue if the company wants to press it and you are on their 'radar'.

Before I do something like this I will call into the center and ask them to send me those instructions over the board. If they won't, then I won't. If they do, I take a photo of the DIAD message. CYA

ArcherUTR

He made me sign the sheet with our times on it, and nothing was written on the sheet, im just wondering if he tryn to scare me or something. I'll definitly not make this mistake again if they keep me

Never sign anything. Let your Union Steward write RTS.

OptimusPrime

When I was new, like most, I made the mistake of sheeting businesses between 12-1. Actually hard to remember when you're a rookie. I was just texted to void and re-sheet after 1. No big deal. The idea of a write up never occurred.

This reminds me of a problem I've seen a couple of times regarding "shipper release" packages. We have been instructed on several occasions at PCM's to leave shipper release packages no matter what including closed business. Even on a sidewalk in the middle of a busy city. But then the other day I get a residential shipper release pkg but one at a DO NOT DR house. The DIAD does not let you DR it. So we have two conflicting things here. In this case, I did not DR of course. Is there a solution to this??

Depends on the scenario. One of the "hood" routes I run. A large section of the delivery area does not allow DR in the board. If it's SR I sheet it as SDN and sign it as "Driver Release". Haven't had an issue. Though I won't do that with a tv or something. Now if it's just an individual address flagged for no DR, I won't do it. This person has done something to get on the "blacklist" and I assume they would be the type of person who would claim they never got the DR package.

ArcherUTR

Depends on the scenario. One of the "hood" routes I run. A large section of the delivery area does not allow DR in the board. If it's SR I sheet it as SDN and sign it as "Driver Release". Haven't had an issue. Though I won't do that with a tv or something. Now if it's just an individual address flagged for no DR, I won't do it. This person has done something to get on the "blacklist" and I assume they would be the type of person who would claim they never got the DR package.

We have had DIAD training that says to use the RELNUM softkey. SDN is saying that you have signed Deliverey Notice that you are supposed to turn into your center at the end of the day.

Rainman

Its all good.
The 12-1 edict does not apply to Saturday deliveries.

Would you want your package sitting outside of a locked door on a busy street all weekend?
I ni1 a saver shipper release flowers for a high school that was closed for snow earlier this year. My manager, who is usually a realistic kind of guy, told me the next day that I should have left it at the door since it was a shipper release. He said always release the shipper release packages no matter what. We have no discretion in this matter.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Rainman

Its all good.
For shipper release, hit the release key then release # key. Shipper release absolves UPS of all liability, so we leave it no matter what. Follow this method and you and UPS are both covered. Per training we have no choice but to leave shipper release packages. Bringing it back is not an option.

JL 0513

You never want to use SDN except when you actually have a signed delivery notice in hand.

I ni1 a saver shipper release flowers for a high school that was closed for snow earlier this year. My manager, who is usually a realistic kind of guy, told me the next day that I should have left it at the door since it was a shipper release. He said always release the shipper release packages no matter what. We have no discretion in this matter.

Yeah, flowers are always shipper release first attempt.

ArcherUTR

If it's going to get stolen, I disagree. It is your package and your responsibility. If you can leave it somewhere discreet fine, If not, then no.

No disciplinary action is going to hold up because you didn't DR a shipper release package. Don't be a maroon or an :censored2:. I believe that credo can apply to our job as well.

Unless it's a funky bulk stop. Then :censored2: it. lol.

JL 0513

If it's going to get stolen, I disagree. It is your package and your responsibility. If you can leave it somewhere discreet fine, If not, then no.

No disciplinary action is going to hold up because you didn't DR a shipper release package. Don't be a maroon or an :censored2:. I believe that credo can apply to our job as well.

Unless it's a funky bulk stop. Then :censored2: it. lol.

Doesn't matter how insecure an area is. If it's shipper release, you can leave it the middle of Time Square. Even if you're uncomfortable with it. That's the rule.

FilingBluesFL

Doesn't matter how insecure an area is. If it's shipper release, you can leave it the middle of Time Square. Even if you're uncomfortable with it. That's the rule.

There's a self-storage place on one of the routes I do...

They make you take it to the individual units in the place, so go to office, get key, walk through to where the unit is, unlock, put stuff inside, then take key back to office, get them to sign...

Well, one of the "tenants" is a copy machine place for a big copy company, and EVERYTHING they get is Shipper Release...

For some reason when the copy machine place gets their stuff, I always seem to get there during the time that the office is closed for lunch...

And all the stuff gets Shipper Released outside the office door.

Kinda weird how that happens....

novadriver

its funny how in training they make this job seem so easy, in a sense it is.. but its the little things that get me caught up..simple stuff... its sad

novadriver

Tomorrow morning he'll probably text me asking me to run the route even though im supposed to work tues-saturday...i think ill just turn my phone off tonight...