Sheeting business deliveries after 5 as "closed" instead of "missed"

wht1zzfe

During the pandemic? I was told I was almost fired for sheeting two stops missed. Last two stops at the end of a route I had never been on AND was out in a rental. No idea I even drove past a business. My center always cheeses the scans. Kind of annoying though I was getting away from this crap leaving Amazon. I used to be in charge of getting all the package status' fixed and rerouted to go out for redelivery next day. Was fun seeing literally entire routes marked delivered by managers before "X" o'clock to hit metrics.

Whereistheunion

I overheard center manager tell union steward that corporate was not enforcing after 5 business closures as missed (they could be sheeted after 5 as merely closed) and the no sheeting of packages between 12 and 1, but center manager did not want to tell the majority of the drivers so we would not get accustomed to sheeting between 12 and 1 or after 5 when "things get back to normal."
I overheard the same conversation, my management talked to another driver about the same issue the same way OHIO VALLEY DISTRICT. Management should be more forthcoming about this issue my business hours have been condensed Mall hours shrunk vs my residential which won't go down or lighten. Any given day my dispatch looks like 173 stops (45 business 110 residential stops 18 pickups)

Cowboy Mac

During the pandemic? I was told I was almost fired for sheeting two stops missed. Last two stops at the end of a route I had never been on AND was out in a rental. No idea I even drove past a business. My center always cheeses the scans. Kind of annoying though I was getting away from this crap leaving Amazon. I used to be in charge of getting all the package status' fixed and rerouted to go out for redelivery next day. Was fun seeing literally entire routes marked delivered by managers before "X" o'clock to hit metrics.
They can’t do anything to you if you don’t know the area. How were you supposed to know those were businesses and why were they on the 8 or 7000 shelf? Always send a message before sheeting missed, that way they can’t hit you with “Failure to Communicate” prior to having service failures.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
How about dispatch fixes the commit times on commercial deliveries? ...some commits are at the very end of the day and they refuse to change them.
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
because it'd be work on someone else's part and heaven forbid they actually did something to make his job easier
I thought Orion was going to fix everything
I thought 22.4s would reduce overtime and work inside building (😂)

nothing will change union brothers it’s best not to even care, it’s obvious management doesn’t.
🧔✊

Last One In

How about dispatch fixes the commit times on commercial deliveries? ...some commits are at the very end of the day and they refuse to change them.
🧔✊
I have gone to sups at least four times (not doing it any longer; just don't care now) to put in a delivery window range for two businesses that close at 4:30. Even with all their technology I still have these two stops in my ORION solution after my last pickup at 4:50.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
All businesses have a 5 pm commit time.
It’s the company’s nation wide policy
You face discipline if you fail to comply
In our packets we’re told you’ll never make it if you miss air or businesses
Yet, despite this, despite all the incredible technology, there are NO 5 pm commit times in the board for businesses.
When you have late air the board tells you that you friend’ed up and you have to explain why it happened through a multiple choice questionnaire.
Missing a business usually happens when a new guy learns a route, and the pkg is physically indistinguishable from a resi pkg and the address wasn’t fully investigated by the driver.
If there was a commit time on all business addressed pkgs, this problem would go away (for the most part).

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
All businesses have a 5 pm commit time.
It’s the company’s nation wide policy
You face discipline if you fail to comply
In our packets we’re told you’ll never make it if you miss air or businesses
Yet, despite this, despite all the incredible technology, there are NO 5 pm commit times in the board for businesses.
When you have late air the board tells you that you friend’ed up and you have to explain why it happened through a multiple choice questionnaire.
Missing a business usually happens when a new guy learns a route, and the pkg is physically indistinguishable from a resi pkg and the address wasn’t fully investigated by the driver.
If there was a commit time on all business addressed pkgs, this problem would go away (for the most part).

Well some businesses do close at different times so a hard 5:00 commit might not be ideal. But just a B by the side like where the V/R/etc is would be nice. The friend’ing board knows which ones are businesses but only displays it in map nav view, not list view 🤬

Est.1998

Well some businesses do close at different times so a hard 5:00 commit might not be ideal. But just a B by the side like where the V/R/etc is would be nice. The friend’ing board knows which ones are businesses but only displays it in map nav view, not list view 🤬
I believe both a 5pm commit, which alerts 30 mins prior, and a "B" beside it in the board would be a great tool.
Regardless of when they close, 5pm is great.
With that said, if you delivery to businesses that close after 5pm, there shouldn't be a questionnaire or penalty for it.