Package sent to "overgoods" after failed delivery attempts???

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I still don't think you understand my original post. I was a bad address clerk for UPS. I did not personally pay to ship people's packages back to them. I scanned the package, I would process it as a return, the printer would spit out a label with the return address on it, I placed the label on the package, and the package was loaded onto a trailer. I did not send them to overgoods, I did not have to check with the shipper to see if they would pay the return shipping fees. I don't know why you would think to ask me if I would personally pay to ship things back, seems a little far out there.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The argument is that there isn't an extra expense. They're already flying a plane from LAX to MEM. They're already driving a truck full of packages from MEM to overgoods.

Several someones are being paid to handle that package between the two places. Should be fewer between Los Angeles and Los Angeles than Los Angeles and Mississippi. The cost may be relatively small, and the difference between the two may be negligible, in which case why not just return it?

You’re not getting a refund. It is what it is.

Update: As of today, I can confirm that I GOT THE REFUND!!!!!

Yep. That’s right. Just checked my bank account. The money finally came in today.

So: The lady I spoke to on the phone earlier this week was true to her word. She was far more helpful than the guy I spoke to before her who would not give me the refund.

And now that I’ve got my money back, I know that I will most likely never see that package ever again. I can live with that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Update: As of today, I can confirm that I GOT THE REFUND!!!!!

Yep. That’s right. Just checked my bank account. The money finally came in today.

So: The lady I spoke to on the phone earlier this week was true to her word. She was far more helpful than the guy I spoke to before her who would not give me the refund.

And now that I’ve got my money back, I know that I will most likely never see that package ever again. I can live with that.

How much weed was it

How much weed was it

It wasn’t weed. It was... more valuable than that.

At least, in my opinion it was, since it was stuff that I wrote, and I’m an excellent writer. So, someone in Mississippi can now read it if they want. Plus, there’s a copyrighted ID on the papers, so if they plagiarize me, I shall sue.

I win.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

At least, in my opinion it was, since it was stuff that I wrote, and I’m an excellent writer. So, someone in Mississippi can now read it if they want. Plus, there’s a copyrighted ID on the papers, so if they plagiarize me, I shall sue.

I win.

I bet if you worked in a hub you’d have the hardest pull and be the best worker

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I still don't think you understand my original post. I was a bad address clerk for UPS. I did not personally pay to ship people's packages back to them. I scanned the package, I would process it as a return, the printer would spit out a label with the return address on it, I placed the label on the package, and the package was loaded onto a trailer. I did not send them to overgoods, I did not have to check with the shipper to see if they would pay the return shipping fees. I don't know why you would think to ask me if I would personally pay to ship things back, seems a little far out there.
Don’t be so hard on yourself. I’m sure you tried!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

I win.
Didn't the knucklehead you sent the package to bother to READ his doortags? Apparently not. let alone try to make arrangements for someone to sign for the package.

If he's that lazy chances are he wouldn't even bother to read what was inside.

Move on.

dezguy

I win.
So it was coke?

It was a movie script, and the producer he had sent it to, unsolicited, wasn't interested. Probably should have included the coke.

Nay, it was a manuscript for the next Great American Novel (you heard it here first!).

The publisher gave me permission to mail it but I've never been to the office, which apparently is closed a lot, since FedEx claimed to me that every time they tried to deliver it, nobody was there.

I had another copy shipped there for a cheaper price. But I take the point that I should just use UPS to mail stuff from now on. Although they're closed on Sundays because government etc.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Nay, it was a manuscript for the next Great American Novel (you heard it here first!).

The publisher gave me permission to mail it but I've never been to the office, which apparently is closed a lot, since FedEx claimed to me that every time they tried to deliver it, nobody was there.

I had another copy shipped there for a cheaper price. But I take the point that I should just use UPS to mail stuff from now on. Although they're closed on Sundays because government etc.

UPS doesn't deliver on Sundays, that's true. But it's not because of the government. You may be thinking of USPS, which is probably a better deal for documents, and they leave them in a mailbox at most locations, so they have that going for them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Maybe it wasn't a "he"!
Facepalm_%284254919655%29.jpg

UPS doesn't deliver on Sundays, that's true. But it's not because of the government. You may be thinking of USPS, which is probably a better deal for documents, and they leave them in a mailbox at most locations, so they have that going for them.

Oh I see. Thanks for that clarification. Not at all familiar with how shipping from UPS works (I've only ever gotten stuff delivered from them, not through them).