shin tattoos, will they be a problem?

rod

Retired 22 years
Until they do an unexpected on road observation on you.

Don't anyone now days know how to act like they are surprised? "I didn't know--no one told me" etc. etc. At UPS pleading stupidity can be your best defense because it makes them feel superior.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Tube.....
Sometimes tube, sometimes
image.jpg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In the southern region, the company and the union came to an agreement concerning tattoos. I have left off the signing representatives to preserve "no real names" in TOS of brown cafe.
image.jpg

Pickles

I saw a Feeder driver in Omaha once with arms and legs covered wearing shorts and short sleeves. Not sure where he was from but I'd assume his local hub didn't care. Mine on the other hand is a different story.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw a Feeder driver in Omaha once with arms and legs covered wearing shorts and short sleeves. Not sure where he was from but I'd assume his local hub didn't care. Mine on the other hand is a different story.

The key is "public facing employees". Customer contact with feeder drivers is normally limited to workers on a loading dock or other UPSers who couldn't care less what the driver is wearing or how many tattoos he/she may have----all they care about is having their pallets loaded.

In my center we have drivers who were grandfathered in and others who have to cover up any visible tats. We have one poor guy who not only has to wear long sleeve shirts and pants year round but also has to wear a neck gaiter.

bringmethetattoos, do yourself a favor and take any advice from that particular member with a huge grain of salt. He worked for a UPS that for all intents and purposes no longer exists yet he insists upon retelling stories from the days of old thinking that they may still apply today. DO NOT wear pants and then change in to shorts on road----the company does way too many on road observations and is it really worth losing your job over this issue?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
All tattoos must be covered where I am. Long pants is a must all summer. No Ace bandages or coverings allowed.

Mama told you not to do it, but you wouldn't listen!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
ok haha it just seems like a good job because i love driving and i love walking and being active and i sometimes like people haha and the full benefits and pay is great
We get paid around $15 an hour to perform these tasks you speak of. The rest is compensation for all their BS.