Shoe thread!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Are you really comparing a trained pianist and computer programmer to an overpaid delivery driver? $200 for a pair of boots is ludicrous.
I am absolutely not comparing a trained pianist and computer programmer to an overpaid delivery driver.

I am comparing a trained pianist and computer programmer to a delivery driver.

You get what you pay for. That's why you come free with the forum. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am absolutely not comparing a trained pianist and computer programmer to an overpaid delivery driver.

I am comparing a trained pianist and computer programmer to a delivery driver.

You get what you pay for. That's why you come free with the forum. :)

Think of me as an added bonus, kind of like the mint that they leave on your pillow at nicer hotels.

over9five

Staff member
I used Timberland for YEARS, but the last two times I bought them , they sucked.
Got Carhartt last time thru the UPS Marketplace, and love them.

Overpaid Union Thug

Not sure if there is a thread up on this yet but let’s see what people recommend for shoes/boots.. Iv been wearing Danner boots for the past 3yrs and love them. There is zero break in period and extremely comfortable, they do however make your feet sweat a lot since they are not breathable. Was thinking of getting shoes for the summer and keep the boots for winter/rain days
My advice is to stay away from anything over $150. There are plenty of good shoes that will last just as long as those expensive shoes. Not everybody pronates the same so the best thing to do is try on several pairs before you decide to keep them. I gave up on the expensive stuff years ago because they never lasted longer than the cheap. They often lasted less time. The go to boots that are reasonably priced are the Timberlands you can buy in Rack room Shoes or in any chain family shoe store. The shoes are a little trickier. Walking shoes tend to hold up better for me. Hiking shoes fair well as well. I like Vasque.

Indecisi0n

My advice is to stay away from anything over $150. There are plenty of good shoes that will last just as long as those expensive shoes. Not everybody pronates the same so the best thing to do is try on several pairs before you decide to keep them. I gave up on the expensive stuff years ago because they never lasted longer than the cheap. They often lasted less time. The go to boots that are reasonably priced are the Timberlands you can buy in Rack room Shoes or in any chain family shoe store. The shoes are a little trickier. Walking shoes tend to hold up better for me. Hiking shoes fair well as well. I like Vasque.
$150 was normally the minimal I paid for boots in package. I was on my feet all day long so the last thing I would cheap out on is my footwear. I normally went with Danners or red wings. Red Wings tend to be a little heavy so I preferred the Danners. Now in feeders the only thing I am on all day is my ass so it doesn't matter.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
The boots I use is dangers and they are 189-200 usually depends if they have a sale or not. I refuse to own another pair of boot since I can work 12+ hours and my feet do not hurt at all. I would like shoes tho for hot summer days so I don’t wear boots year round.