Shoe thread!

Siveriano

https://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Mens-Walk-Ultra-Sneaker/dp/B073Z7KNHC These go on sale on reebok website constanly for like $25, buy 4 pairs and you will have shoes for a year for a bit over $100

upload_2020-4-26_21-12-29.png

upload_2020-4-26_21-13-48.png

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The shoes I use right now were a real PITA at first. But the same tough fabric that killed my feet at the beginning is also why it is my longest-lasting shoe purchase so far.

Also try a heel-lock lace pattern instead of the usual lacing pattern.

the reebox sneakers above are really popular.

Poop Head

Judge me.
After burning up thousands of dollars worth of different boots, I found the best footwear (imo) for this job. I will never tell anyone because i love watching people suffer!! Hahahahahha

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not publishable.

Btw, Redwings (Irish Setters) cost darn near $159.00 + tax. Add $30 and you're at $200 pretty quickly.

We arent retired and we do not drive nonunion vehicles, to your point.
I was a redwing guy early in my career. Then they switched a lot of their stuff to China manufacturing and didn’t change the pricing at all. That’s when I found thorogood.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I was a redwing guy early in my career. Then they switched a lot of their stuff to China manufacturing and didn’t change the pricing at all. That’s when I found thorogood.
We aren't allowed to wear tennis or jogging shoes that arent polishable and dont have sturdy upper leather support and protection.
New Balance? Nope.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
New Balance was on the list of "approved footwear" in my former center.
We havent found a New Balance style that you could polish nor were they sturdy.
I'd hate to drop an over 70 lb irreg on a cloth shoe. I know for a fact that improper footwear would be written down as a factor contributing to my injury.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The Irish Setter line they sell was definitely Chinese made. The boots were supposed to be still made in the USA.

Whither

Scofflaw
714WYWi25iL._AC_UX625_.jpg

I bought 2 pairs of these NB 626v2s (wo safety toe) a few months ago. On sale for less than $50 a pair. Been alternating em daily and they're holding up better than the pricier Red Wing ComfortPros I had before. Sturdy but light on the feet, polishable leather, and slip-resistant tread. I find em comfy even after 200 stops. Put a coat of mink oil on and my feet stay dry in light rain. Never have to polish em because the leather is surprisingly tough, have yet to get a single scuff! Just clean the mud and dust off with a wet rag and they look as good as new. So far I haven't dropped an over-70 on my toes wearing em, but they'd fare better than a standard running or walking shoe. They're a little ugly haha, but that's to be expected from a work shoe.

For rainy and snowy days I'm still looking for a lightweight pair of water-resistant/waterproof boots with slip-resistant tread. For now I wear Timberland Mt. Maadsens, but they're far from slip-resistant.

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 293224

I bought 2 pairs of these NB 626v2s (wo safety toe) a few months ago. On sale for less than $50 a pair. Been alternating em daily and they're holding up better than the pricier Red Wing ComfortPros I had before. Sturdy but light on the feet, polishable leather, and slip-resistant tread. I find em comfy even after 200 stops. Put a coat of mink oil on and my feet stay dry in light rain. Never have to polish em because the leather is surprisingly tough, have yet to get a single scuff! Just clean the mud and dust off with a wet rag and they look as good as new. So far I haven't dropped an over-70 on my toes wearing em, but they'd fare better than a standard running or walking shoe. They're a little ugly haha, but that's to be expected from a work shoe.

For rainy and snowy days I'm still looking for a lightweight pair of water-resistant/waterproof boots with slip-resistant tread. For now I wear Timberland Mt. Maadsens, but they're far from slip-resistant.
Those are good shoes. I have had them before. Last time I tried to get them, it’s been a while, they were sold out of my size everywhere I looked. Whenever I find a good shoe, meaning they haven’t torn open or lost or structure after two months, I try to buy a couple of extra pairs in case they are discontinued. That’s the beauty of the cheaper shoes. They last as long as, or longer, the expensive ones and you can buy two or three pairs of them for the same price. LOL