Shoe thread!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
$150 was normally the minimal I paid for boots in package. I was on my feet all day long so the last thing I would cheap out on is my footwear. I normally went with Danners or red wings. Red Wings tend to be a little heavy so I preferred the Danners. Now in feeders the only thing I am on all day is my ass so it doesn't matter.
This is how I picture the inside of your cab.
sparkly-mermaid-scale-car-seat-covers-set-of-2-my-soul-spirit-1640896954408_1024x1024.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

$150 was normally the minimal I paid for boots in package. I was on my feet all day long so the last thing I would cheap out on is my footwear. I normally went with Danners or red wings. Red Wings tend to be a little heavy so I preferred the Danners. Now in feeders the only thing I am on all day is my ass so it doesn't matter.
Price does not always equal quality. And pronation actually has more effect on how long a shoe lasts than the sticker price. If it never rained or snowed I would wear nothing but mid range (price) New Balance walking shoes or Skechers Work. The only problem I’ve had with those types of shoes are that they are either discontinued or the company decides to put a damn steel toe and them. My winter/rain boots (Vasque) were $150 on sale because they were about to be discontinued. They started falling apart after two months. My friends that are fanboys of those boots couldn’t believe it. People don’t realize the wear and tear we inflict on shoes. Thank God for shoe glue.

Indecisi0n

Price does not always equal quality. And pronation actually has more effect on how long a shoe lasts than the sticker price. If it never rained or snowed I would wear nothing but mid range (price) New Balance walking shoes or Skechers Work. The only problem I’ve had with those types of shoes are that they are either discontinued or the company decides to put a damn steel toe and them. My winter/rain boots (Vasque) were $150 on sale because they were about to be discontinued. They started falling apart after two months. My friends that are fanboys of those boots couldn’t believe it. Thank God for shoe glue.
Price does not but normally name brand does. You aren't finding Danners under $150.

Overpaid Union Thug

Price does not but normally name brand does. You aren't finding Danners under $150.
The one pair of Danners I had didnt last longer than boots that were almost half the price. I could probably get more time out of them now because I only wear boots when there is snow under foot or when I know I’m going to be out in the cold rain all day. Otherwise it’s $130 waterproof Vasque trail shoes that feel like I’m walking on a cloud. But I’m sure they will be discontinued as well since they work so well for me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You wouldn't begrudge a pianist a $200 piano.
Or a computer programmer $200 for his devolopment machine.

UPS drivers' tools are feet and hands. And the USA union made bit is just the icing on the cake.
I’m paid well my wife is paid very well. Might as well pass it on a little