Shoes

Fnix

What is the policy on proper footwear. What is allowed and what is not. Are steel toe required?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

What is the policy on proper footwear. What is allowed and what is not. Are steel toe required?

For some people, they'll be sent home for not wearing proper shoes.

The again, I saw a kid wearing shorts and basketball sneakers Friday. And see all kinds of improper footwear.

It seems to be a flavor of the day type thing.

Steel toe is not required. I believe it's what, maybe not at UPS, is called "saftey shoes" that is the standard...something sturdy-and if something strikes your foot, you're reasonably well protected.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Forget about steel toed shoes, drop something heavy on them & you could lose the toes.
Proper footwear with leather uppers are required, most of the time. It all depends on your sup & who sees what your wearing when.

evilleace

Steel toed are not required but I would highly recomend you wear them they have saved my feet to many injuries to count. The stuff at UPS is not heavy enought to cut your toes off. But the policy something with a stiff leather upper so that you feet are protected also needs a non-slip sole on it.

chev

Nightcrawler
Steel toed are not required but I would highly recomend you wear them they have saved my feet to many injuries to count. The stuff at UPS is not heavy enought to cut your toes off. But the policy something with a stiff leather upper so that you feet are protected also needs a non-slip sole on it.
I beg to differ. We had a guy lose the tip of his big toe when an extendo was lowered onto his foot. :biting: We call him "golden toe" because of the $$ UPS had to pay him for partial amputation. :wink2:
I hate steel toe boots. They are like wearing bricks.

drewed

Shankman
yea the weight of steel toes kinda sucks BUTTTTTTT ive had a quite a few things either roll off the belt or have an employee loose grip and drop something on my toes....so im thankful in those moments.

rocket man

in calif and az and fla 100 pct mandatory open toe sandles with white socks to keep you cool march to august page 25 section 3 paragrah 3 master contract.