Shootings in Kennesaw GA

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm sitting here watching the news and it was announced that six people were carried to a local hospital after a shooting in Metro Atlanta. I think the Kennesaw location is a large sorting Fedex Ground building. No other details yet.

dezguy

Geez. Here's hoping everyone makes it out of this ok. You should never have to worry about getting hurt at work, let alone shot. Be careful out there guys. :dissapointed:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It was an active scene as I was driving to work, they are looking for the shooter. On the radio, an employee said a guard was shot and a manager pointed a shotgun at him. I hope the victims recover.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
It was an active scene as I was driving to work, they are looking for the shooter. On the radio, an employee said a guard was shot and a manager pointed a shotgun at him. I hope the victims recover.

Didn't Governor Deal, pass the law that guns could be carried everywhere in GA?

Surprised the guard wasn't armed. The manager had a shotgun? Really?

fred can shove it

Be careful what you say.

fed ex is all about safety, but when you speak of things that may happen to you, a lowly worker, fed ex calls you a terrorist and a threat.

you can bet your ass that smith has people all around him with guns protecting his sorry ass, but if you want the same for you, you are threatening and intimidating and must leave the company.

I spoke of this 14 years ago and nobody wanted to believe me.

it's ok for smith to protect himself, but keith basinski?, oh well, he's not important like Fred S is.

dezguy

Be careful what you say.

fed ex is all about safety, but when you speak of things that may happen to you, a lowly worker, fed ex calls you a terrorist and a threat.

you can bet your ass that smith has people all around him with guns protecting his sorry ass, but if you want the same for you, you are threatening and intimidating and must leave the company.

I spoke of this 14 years ago and nobody wanted to believe me.

it's ok for smith to protect himself, but keith basinski?, oh well, he's not important like Fred S is.

I spoke of this in a thread from a couple months back about how we're supposed to challenge anyone we don't recognize or doesn't have ID. It's cases like this that shows just how dumb a policy that is. We don't know what someone's intentions are when we approach them and we're doing so unarmed. Why should we, the front line workers be putting our lives on the line to protect FedEx property?

I go to work to deliver and pick up packages, not to play security guard.

oldngray

nowhere special
KENNESAW, Ga. -- Police say the suspect in a shooting at a Kennesaw FedEx facility has died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He has not yet been named, but witnesses said he worked as a baggage handler for the company.

The suspect's body was found in a loading bay. Police say he was armed with pistols and a shotgun.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!

The suspect killed himself with his shotgun.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred's way too cheap to hire real security. Instead he relies on couriers and ramp agents. You suck Smith!

Sent using BrownCafe App

DRAisawesome

Funny how fedex calls them employees in press releases. Unless they do mean just the employees not their contractors. Not making a joke but had to point that out.