Shootings in Kennesaw GA

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Harrison said the last time he saw the shooter before this morning was on Friday when a manager reportedly denied the shooter's request for a vacation day.

“Me and another employer were talking about him and how he requested to take off Saturday," Harrison said. "But his manager told him no. He took off anyway, and he didn’t show up this morning. We thought maybe he just quit."

“I tell people on my other shift, one of these days a manager is gonna say that one thing to that one person and this is gonna set them off, and they [are] gonna come in here and start shooting, and that happened today,” Harrison said, describing some of the managers as “rude.”

“It’s crazy, man. I’m not surprised that this happened. I’m just surprised I saw it happen,” he said.

http://mashable.com/2014/04/29/fedex-shooting/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Harrison said the last time he saw the shooter before this morning was on Friday when a manager reportedly denied the shooter's request for a vacation day.

“Me and another employer were talking about him and how he requested to take off Saturday," Harrison said. "But his manager told him no. He took off anyway, and he didn’t show up this morning. We thought maybe he just quit."

“I tell people on my other shift, one of these days a manager is gonna say that one thing to that one person and this is gonna set them off, and they [are] gonna come in here and start shooting, and that happened today,” Harrison said, describing some of the managers as “rude.”

“It’s crazy, man. I’m not surprised that this happened. I’m just surprised I saw it happen,” he said.

http://mashable.com/2014/04/29/fedex-shooting/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

My only surprise was that this didn't happen at an Express facility. Our day is coming, so please prepare yourselves and be safe, as in not listening to management. It is not your job to challenge anyone, question anyone, or protect FedEx. Watch out for yourselves and your co-workers as best you can. All of us have a pretty good idea of the employees to watch out for...not always, but gun nuts and Purple People who suddenly get in trouble are good candidates.

CJinx

I have to agree. A dude walks into the warehouse wearing a bandolier and brandishing a rifle; not exactly someone you want to walk up to and say "Hi! Can I help you?". I've personally run into a few strangers out on the dock; usually just lost and confused customers.

Also I'm mildly amused to see the handlers talking to the press. I wonder if somebody will catch hell for that.

dezguy

I have to agree. A dude walks into the warehouse wearing a bandolier and brandishing a rifle; not exactly someone you want to walk up to and say "Hi! Can I help you?". I've personally run into a few strangers out on the dock; usually just lost and confused customers.

Also I'm mildly amused to see the handlers talking to the press. I wonder if somebody will catch hell for that.

Someone will definitely get in trouble for that. Whenever there is an accident on the Express side, whether it be here or the States, the first thing we're told by management is to direct any media questions to our PR department and to tell customers we don't have all the information at this time if they ask what is happening.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Someone will definitely get in trouble for that. Whenever there is an accident on the Express side, whether it be here or the States, the first thing we're told by management is to direct any media questions to our PR department and to tell customers we don't have all the information at this time if they ask what is happening.

Yep. Handlers are employees, so they fall under the usual gag order restricting talking to the media. However, since drivers are not employees, they should be able to say whatever they wish. I would be willing to bet they have been directed not to talk with the media, and threatened with termination. Hmmm...that would be illegal, right?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We've been saying that for years. The way management is treated, it will probably be one of them that cracks first.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Excellent observation. I tend to agree. We have lots of managers who are high, hung-over, or actively intoxicated sometime during the day. The pressure on them is immense, and if they have a conscience, it's even worse.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Excellent observation. I tend to agree. We have lots of managers who are high, hung-over, or actively intoxicated sometime during the day. The pressure on them is immense, and if they have a conscience, it's even worse.

I highly doubt that they are intoxicated at work.

Sent using BrownCafe App