Shorted pay

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I mentioned it to my supervisor yesterday and he bull:censored2:ted me. I didn't have a way to prove him wrong because I have direct deposit.
Let me guess, you're not signed up for UPSers either. They can pull the record of your pay so you did /do have proof. So far you are not doing too much to help yourself.

If you can't prove him wrong, how do YOU know you were shorted? I suppose your own shop steward was not helpful either...

YUUUP

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I mentioned it to my supervisor yesterday and he bull:censored2:ted me. I didn't have a way to prove him wrong because I have direct deposit.
Are you missing hours ??
Are you on the wrong pay rate ??

Write everything down and print out your paychecks.
If he still says your wrong, but you think your right, you file a grievance.
YOU have to have all your proof when you present him the error on your paycheck.

I suggest you start keeping a daily log of your punch-ins/punch-outs

Wrong rate. I'm going to talk to him again today with some printed paystubs. If it doesn't work, how do I fill a grievance. I'm fairly new and union stuff isn't talked about much

scooby0048

how do I fill a grievance. I'm fairly new and union stuff isn't talked about much

How do people not take an active / aggressive stance in learning about their their own livelihoods? You didn't ask questions about dues being taken out or who your steward is in the event you have problems? You obviously learned a little something about what rate you should be making.

upschuck

Wrong rate. I'm going to talk to him again today with some printed paystubs. If it doesn't work, how do I fill a grievance. I'm fairly new and union stuff isn't talked about much
How long with ups, how much you getting paid, and what is your job title?

scooby0048

Started early November, initial pay was 10 p/h. I was told by management it would go up to 12 first week of January. It only went up to 10.35. I work in the unload
When you go back to work tomorrow, find the first person who is not a manager and ask them who the union steward is. Then go find that person. That is going to be the best advice you can get.