should i file?

browntroll

im normally in one are but they keep moving me to a preload pickoff, i have to ask
2-3 supervisors in which area im going for that day since my "regular" pt sup doesnt know the answer. normally the pick off position is easy but im coming to the point where my body simply cant handle it anymore, ive gone to a doctor only came back with pain killers prescription. i told my sups but they only want me there cause "new hires cant handle that position". i get elbow pain from pulling and lower back pain from over reaching.
there is plenty of new ppl i should be able to "bump"

Big ArrowDown..D

im normally in one are but they keep moving me to a preload pickoff, i have to ask
2-3 supervisors in which area im going for that day since my "regular" pt sup doesnt know the answer. normally the pick off position is easy but im coming to the point where my body simply cant handle it anymore, ive gone to a doctor only came back with pain killers prescription. i told my sups but they only want me there cause "new hires cant handle that position". i get elbow pain from pulling and lower back pain from over reaching.

Can you get a doctor's note stating that you are suffering from repetitive motion injury

browntroll

im gonna have to check, ive only gone to general doctors/clinics which havent really been much help.
should i be going to a chiropractor?
i had gone to a shop steward for help months ago but he didnt do much but tell me hes gonna talk to the sups, when i asked what they said he said i dont have much of a choice.

Big ArrowDown..D

im gonna have to check, ive only gone to general doctors/clinics which havent really been much help.
should i be going to a chiropractor?
When I worked in the sort aisle I had issues with my elbow. My doctor gave me a brace to wear that helped with the repetitive motion problems. But talk to your supervisors after you go to your doctor to explain the problem to them. If you have have no problem performing other jobs then they should work with you. If they won't then have your doctor write a note stating that you should not do pushing and pulling motion for a period of time, but can do other jobs out there

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I'm not sure what contract language (you think) is being violated.

Can you get a doctor's note stating that you are suffering from repetitive motion injury

Is he claiming, an on the job injury ?

i had gone to a shop steward for help months ago but he didnt do much but tell me hes gonna talk to the sups, when i asked what they said he said i dont have much of a choice.

The Steward is correct.

You have choices.... just not very many.

If you have have no problem performing other jobs then they should work with you.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

But, what happens when the next person comes along, and says they can't do the job ?

Same type of situation happens with misloads. Everyone wants to be moved to the unload.

When they won't then have your doctor write a note stating that you should not do pushing and pulling motion for a period of time, but can do other jobs out there

At that point, he is saying there is a medical restriction. There's the problem.

The company can then ask for a "fitness for duty" medical evaluation.

Pass it.... you're working. Fail it.... you're not.

Unless, you've been approved for an ADA accommodation.

You can always file a grievance.

-Bug-

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I'm not sure what contract language (you think) is being violated.

Is he claiming, an on the job injury ?

The Steward is correct.

You have choices.... just not very many.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

But, what happens when the next person comes along, and says they can't do the job ?

Same type of situation happens with misloads. Everyone wants to be moved to the unload.

At that point, he is saying there is a medical restriction. There's the problem.

The company can then ask for a "fitness for duty" medical evaluation.

Pass it.... you're working. Fail it.... you're not.

Unless, you've been approved for an ADA accommodation.

You can always file a grievance.

-Bug-

In my experience, anyone coming in to work with any kind of doctor's restriction is not allowed to work and told to go on disability as there is no "light duty" at UPS (except for pregnant employees now post-SCOTUS decision) only TAW for comp injuries.

If you're "over reaching" you're not following the company's safe work methods which involve avoiding end-range motions. You need to work at an appropriate pace in order to avoid these types of motions even if it requires additional belt stops, a slower PPH, etc. This is unavoidable with most "pickoff" jobs so do the best you can, even if it slows you down and forces the company to put someone else in your spot.

The company always says safety is their number 1 priority (which we know its not.) Hold them to it.

browntroll

same with my hub if a man says hes on light duty they tell him to go home, if a woman comes in with a note she goes
to small sort to scan smalls. i know theres ppl with far less seniority that can do the pickoff which have been trained
to do other (easier)pickoffs but pt sups are to scared to put them on the "heavy" one.
every time i stop the belt too many times i get hassled for it, if i do a crossover i get hassled which is y i try to avoid both.
as far as my back pain it might be over reaching and everytime i shift weight to push/pull a heaveypackage back onto a slide it hurts.
would i be better off claiming injury? vs going to my own doctor?

Dr.Brownz

Work at a slower comfortable pace. If that causes problems then it is UPS' s problem.

Dr.Brownz

same with my hub if a man says hes on light duty they tell him to go home, if a woman comes in with a note she goes
to small sort to scan smalls. i know theres ppl with far less seniority that can do the pickoff which have been trained
to do other (easier)pickoffs but pt sups are to scared to put them on the "heavy" one.
every time i stop the belt too many times i get hassled for it, if i do a crossover i get hassled which is y i try to avoid both.
as far as my back pain it might be over reaching and everytime i shift weight to push/pull a heaveypackage back onto a slide it hurts.
Who cares if they hassle you? Tell the sups its an egress/safety issue. File for harrassment if it continues.

LeadBelly

Banned
In my experience, anyone coming in to work with any kind of doctor's restriction is not allowed to work and told to go on disability as there is no "light duty" at UPS (except for pregnant employees now post-SCOTUS decision) only TAW for comp injuries.

If you're "over reaching" you're not following the company's safe work methods which involve avoiding end-range motions. You need to work at an appropriate pace in order to avoid these types of motions even if it requires additional belt stops, a slower PPH, etc. This is unavoidable with most "pickoff" jobs so do the best you can, even if it slows you down and forces the company to put someone else in your spot.

The company always says safety is their number 1 priority (which we know its not.) Hold them to it.
Damn you are good. I'm so proud of you. What he said op.

i Misload Next Day Airs

I think your just Stressed....... Should just consider Stress Leave.... They Love That.

browntroll

update: talk to a full time sup and hes gonna pull me off that pickoff for now, im still doing a lighter one
which they said they are going to train ppl for the lighter pickoff so i can go to small sort or unload. they say we
are over staffed but doesnt look like it.