Should I get normal pay for driving air or more for ground?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Make note of the exact date you delivered ground. Over here, as soon as you deliver a ground package as an air driver, your FT progression starts.
IMG_5838.GIF

deepball1184

I am currently an air driver, and have only been doing it for about 6 months mainly every Saturday. My current pay rate is $13.50 for air, and 11.50 for preload. I'll be qualifying in May for a permanent driver position which is unrelated. Occasionally we'll have issues with drivers not showing up or have unforeseen volume increases which in turn causes management to add small routes. This has happened to me twice recently where I would go deliver a normal route that I'm familiar with(all ground) but still get paid my air rate. Is this normal to receive the same rate whatever you're delivering whether it be a full 8 hour route, or abbreviated route as an air driver?
Nope, file a grievance.

You should be getting FT package Top Rate. Should be a slam dunk Grievance.

luckster

I am currently an air driver, and have only been doing it for about 6 months mainly every Saturday. My current pay rate is $13.50 for air, and 11.50 for preload. I'll be qualifying in May for a permanent driver position which is unrelated. Occasionally we'll have issues with drivers not showing up or have unforeseen volume increases which in turn causes management to add small routes. This has happened to me twice recently where I would go deliver a normal route that I'm familiar with(all ground) but still get paid my air rate. Is this normal to receive the same rate whatever you're delivering whether it be a full 8 hour route, or abbreviated route as an air driver?
I am also a PT air driver working Tuesday to Saturday. The rumor is they will start Saturday delivery in my Hub on October. What happens to air drivers that work on saturdays. Do we still work or they give our route to Saturday delivery drivers?