Should I get normal pay for driving air or more for ground?

The bigger focus lately hasn't necessarily been on changing times. From my understanding, the timecard viewer has put some fear in the guys who shave minutes from employees (though obviously not all). They're looking for guys using codes they aren't supposed to. So using safety or shuttle time to reduce overallowed.
I have worked for some "creative" supervisors before.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was 6 hours under once. And not because I was running. Lol
That's just stupid. You'd stand out like a sore thumb on a report. This guy would take a 2 hour over guy and make him only like an hour or a half over. Being a bonus center you would have been giving the guy more money to be under when he wasn't.

That's just stupid. You'd stand out like a sore thumb on a report. This guy would take a 2 hour over guy and make him only like an hour or a half over. Being a bonus center you would have been giving the guy more money to be under when he wasn't.
I'm not in a bonus center. And he is no longer a center manager either.

UPS Preloader

I am currently an air driver, and have only been doing it for about 6 months mainly every Saturday. My current pay rate is $13.50 for air, and 11.50 for preload. I'll be qualifying in May for a permanent driver position which is unrelated. Occasionally we'll have issues with drivers not showing up or have unforeseen volume increases which in turn causes management to add small routes. This has happened to me twice recently where I would go deliver a normal route that I'm familiar with(all ground) but still get paid my air rate. Is this normal to receive the same rate whatever you're delivering whether it be a full 8 hour route, or abbreviated route as an air driver?

As others have said you should be getting top rate Ground and you should be getting it for all hours worked that day, including preload hours. But like others said, you may or may not want to make an issue of it if a fulltime opportunity is coming up. Maybe your steward could make it look like it's his or her issue and not yours.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Thanks for the info, can you post a link to the Master Agreement? Did a quick search but didn't come up with it.
(7) Air drivers may, on an exception basis, be used to make service
on packages which are not air packages.
An exception package is intended to be when an Air Driver is making
a pick up, as outlined above, after the regular driver has been at the
customer’s premises, and the customer has an exception ground pack-
age(s) for shipment, the air driver may make service on this pack-
age(s). Air drivers may continue to pick up Automatic Return Service
packages but the features of this service will not be expanded.
Any violation of Section 1(a) (7), shall obligate the Employer to pay
the Air Driver involved the difference between his/her rate of pay
and the top regular package car driver wage rate existing at that
building. Grievances concerning violation or abuse of this shall be
referred directly to the National Air Committee.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a folder of notes that I take in and write my times down on. Time I punched in, actual start time, time I clocked out, time of break, etc.. I have a spreadsheet with all of my hours, how much I should've made, with taxes pre-calculated already. I print out the timecard on UPSers every week as well.

They're not gonna rob me of the money I EARNED.

Seems like a lot of work for an error that is more than likely not going to occur.

km3

Seems like a lot of work for an error that is more than likely not going to occur.

Some of it's for my own records, but all of it can be used to prove the hours I worked. And the error has occurred. Multiple times.

I used to give them the opportunity to fix it, but I've had enough. I just take it to the steward from now on and grieve it straight away. Shouldn't be happening, period.

Over 70

There are a lot of people here who, unfortunately, learned the hard way to keep notes and make copies of their loose timecards (double shifting) before turning them in.

They seem to be handling things with more integrity now, but the trust is gone.

Well since going inside I punched in my hours for preload last week on my google calendar each day. First paycheck is wrong. I drove air after preload one day and drove SAT air and somehow all my hours are preload pay and less than 2 hours of air rate. Should be close to 6 hours of air rate. I doubt it was intentional but it's going to be annoying if this is a regular battle. I doubt it's something they fix in a day...

Glad I listened to people here and kept track....

km3

Well since going inside I punched in my hours for preload last week on my google calendar each day. First paycheck is wrong. I drove air after preload one day and drove SAT air and somehow all my hours are preload pay and less than 2 hours of air rate. Should be close to 6 hours of air rate. I doubt it was intentional but it's going to be annoying if this is a regular battle. I doubt it's something they fix in a day...

Glad I listened to people here and kept track....

They'll get it fixed once you become a bigger pain in the ass than they're willing to tolerate. Took me 3 months, but probably could've taken 3 weeks if I had grieved it straight away.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If he is PT but not classified as an air driver then he gets starting air driver wage for delivering/shuttling air and starting ground wage for delivering ground packages. He would be considered a utility driver.

PT Car Washer

If he is PT but not classified as an air driver then he gets starting air driver wage for delivering/shuttling air and starting ground wage for delivering ground packages. He would be considered a utility driver.
Classified as an Air Exception driver under Art 40 and is entitled to top driver pay for handling ground packages.

A.Spooner

He's an exception air driver with preload as the main job. Shouldn't be delivering ground at all outside of TCD season. Which is June 1-January 15 where I am.

But yeah, you should be getting more than air rate.

When you say you'll be qualifying for a permanent position in May, does that mean you've already won a bid? Or are you just being told that?

Yes I won a bid. We had 7 guys recently retire and I won a bid. I am number two as far as the order goes. Just waiting to qualify which seems like they just keep pushing it back. Oringinally it was supposed to be March, then April, now May. I'm not sure if it's like this at every center but they are notorious for pushing this process out forever. I mentioned something to my supervisor today about the my air pay for the last two times I drove ground and he changed it to $18.75 which is what they paid me whenever I drove seasonally. I felt like this was at least something and I'm not sure I want to make too many waves now.