Should I start driving?

BUCN85

So I've been on the preload at my hub for almost 5 years and I'm getting tired of doing 2 jobs so I've been considering driving but I'm not sure. Management also seems to tell people all the time that yeah they can drive and then do everything they can to keep them on the preload because they don't wanna lose them or try other ridiculous stuff to keep people from moving up.
I did preload for 7 before I was able to move up..I too did preload and construction as my second job. Hated it. Also have a little one to support now and my wife was able to quit her job to raise our son which is a great idea.depending on your age it's a great opportunity either way. If your young then You don't have to worry about a family seeing you and u get all that $$$. And if you do have a family it's a great way to support them. Hard job. Hard work. But in the end it is worth it. Take the opportunity

BUCN85

Just read your whole post. 24 and single. It would be dumb not to take this job. I was 28 before I became full time. 30 now. Familiar with Ben Stiller in Starsky and Hutch.

200w.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I've been on the preload at my hub for almost 5 years and I'm getting tired of doing 2 jobs so I've been considering driving but I'm not sure. Management also seems to tell people all the time that yeah they can drive and then do everything they can to keep them on the preload because they don't wanna lose them or try other ridiculous stuff to keep people from moving up.

Dude, You meet a lot of hot chicks.

You started driving too young to realize how much other jobs suck more while paying much less. I started driving at 33 so I held many other jobs for over 17 years and they were all much less pleasant while paying 1/4 the rate of a driver. That's the problem with many drivers. No perspective on the rest of the job market. I had to work 55+ hrs a week for many years just to make sure I could eat. And all I could think of at these jobs is that punch out time. Enough to drive you crazy. Driving is the easiest time of my life while making way more.
I guess I can't hate anything until I'm old. Thanks. I started working at 14 and held 7 jobs before UPS. I worked 60 hours a week working two jobs while I was part time (6 years) and I have to say out of all of them UPS has the worst management system. And the micro management with telematics and such, I seriously hate my job. The only thing that is/will keep me here is the pay.

I guess I can't hate anything until I'm old. Thanks. I started working at 14 and held 7 jobs before UPS. I worked 60 hours a week working two jobs while I was part time (6 years) and I have to say out of all of them UPS has the worst management system. And the micro management with telematics and such, I seriously hate my job. The only thing that is/will keep me here is the pay.
14?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I can make this money at other jobs. The only thing that keeps me here is bennies and pension. When they gone, I'm gone.