Should I start driving?

JL 0513

I guess I can't hate anything until I'm old. Thanks. I started working at 14 and held 7 jobs before UPS. I worked 60 hours a week working two jobs while I was part time (6 years) and I have to say out of all of them UPS has the worst management system. And the micro management with telematics and such, I seriously hate my job. The only thing that is/will keep me here is the pay.

You can hate it if you want. In my experience it's a pretty sweet deal. Most jobs come with good and bad. If they're physically pleasant, then it probably means a lot of mental stress and responsibility. The biggest paying jobs have you take the work home and even on vacation. President's and CEO's are never truly off the clock. Neither are doctors and such. Even regular management get calls when not in the office. Even my father who was just mid management in retail said he got called numerous times a day about problems on his "day off".

You cite UPS management and telematics. Yes they suck but the alternative is a boss breathing down your neck all day. I've had jobs where I had 10 different bosses all wanting your services at the same time. And wanting things done differently. We get most of the day to ourselves as drivers. One ride along a year. Not too bad.

You can hate it if you want. In my experience it's a pretty sweet deal. Most jobs come with good and bad. If they're physically pleasant, then it probably means a lot of mental stress and responsibility. The biggest paying jobs have you take the work home and even on vacation. President's and CEO's are never truly off the clock. Neither are doctors and such. Even regular management get calls when not in the office. Even my father who was just mid management in retail said he got called numerous times a day about problems on his "day off".

You cite UPS management and telematics. Yes they suck but the alternative is a boss breathing down your neck all day. I've had jobs where I had 10 different bosses all wanting your services at the same time. And wanting things done differently. We get most of the day to ourselves as drivers. One ride along a year. Not too bad.
Yeah man I feel you.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Screw everyone the job sucks now ---SUCKS....its peak year round, every year stop counts go up and up and up...I dont care how much of a methods person you are, Nobody is gonna make it 30 yrs ..

JL 0513

Screw everyone the job sucks now ---SUCKS....its peak year round, every year stop counts go up and up and up...I dont care how much of a methods person you are, Nobody is gonna make it 30 yrs ..

Sounds like it's your center that sucks. I can't get enough hours. They don't even allow much over 9.5 here even if not on the list. I see a lot of 8.5 hr days. I need more!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Sounds like it's your center that sucks. I can't get enough hours. They don't even allow much over 9.5 here even if not on the list. I see a lot of 8.5 hr days. I need more!
Our center used to push for under 9.5's a lot. But then ORION came and that all went out the window.