Should part time employees make the same rate as full time employees?

evilleace

As an aside, go to a cozy legalized weed shop with A/C. The people working the counter are making 21/h+ with a tip jar. You realize even the laziest inside PTer at UPS is not so terrible relatively speaking. People who 'make it' at UPS and similar jobs are just built differently. Every day I am inspired by the hard work of those around me.

And those people don't have access to the benefits or a chance at double that money in the future.

HarryWarden

Sean pretty much says here UPS has never offered part-timers $35 an hour in this negotiation.
This is the best interview I’ve seen him do I really like what he says here.
That was a great interview, thank you for posting.

I’m glad he’s talking about MRA. I can’t believe UPS claimed part timers make $34 an hour

PT Car Washer

Problem is the terrible workers are already here, if we give them FT rate they won't leave and will still be terrible
I agree. I was called in twice this week to cover for delivery drivers who were no call no show. I declined. Call another PT air driver to cover the route.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We’re not talking about drivers. I said equal pay for equal work. Do you think driving is equal to loading packages?

Im taking about full progression part time warehouse workers and full time warehouse workers
We know. And now, we don’t care. You’ve worn out your welcome with your incessant whining.

PT Car Washer

We’re not talking about drivers. I said equal pay for equal work. Do you think driving is equal to loading packages?

Im taking about full progression part time warehouse workers and full time warehouse workers
For the most part I agree with you but I am not taking a wage cut to go FT.

HarryWarden

Because you have quality yos seniority.
I don’t understand how that works either though. I started at $8.50, through the years worked up to $10 an hour, then they changed starting pay to $10. Same thing over the years when I worked my way up to $15, then they made starting wage $15.

If there was a normal, healthy progression since the 80s for part time, like there was with FT, that wouldn’t have been an issue

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I don’t understand how that works either though. I started at $8.50, through the years worked up to $10 an hour, then they changed starting pay to $10. Same thing over the years when I worked my way up to $15, then they made starting wage $15.

If there was a normal, healthy progression since the 80s for part time, like there was with FT, that wouldn’t have been an issue
I would have voiced my concern about the unfairness about it to match what would be made with your seniority for supplemental bargaining. From current and past negotiations.

HarryWarden

I would have voiced my concern about the unfairness about it to match what would be made with your seniority for supplemental bargaining. From current and past negotiations.
That seems to be what Sean is fighting for if I understand correctly. He addresses rewarding long term part time workers and catch up raises. But I could be wrong