Show up on time, Give it my all and what does UPS do???

BlackCat

I don't recall ever being sent home as a casual driver. The key was showing up to work dressed and ready to go and finding a senior driver who wanted the day off.

Seniority still needs to be followed. If a casual with more seniority wants to do the route, you are still going home.

AlliSeeisBrown

According to my FT sup who called me this morning, they didn't need me this morning, but wanted me this evening to run a PM route. Apparently the seasonals were already laid off and the casuals sent back to the hub. Either I have seniority over the others, or they're pulling some strings. Don't know.

P

pickup

My DOT card expires Saturday. They have no choice but to give me a day off to get it renewed one day in this next week.

We have some authorized places around me that will do a dot physical on a Saturday or Sunday.

km3

....."We don't need you today. Go Home!!!!"

Hired as a Permanent Part Time Employee!!!!!! Left my family early yesterday to arrive to work on time (3am) and that's what I am greeted with this morning. Got sent home and reprimanded by a supervisor like it was my fault for showing up. :censored2: you UPS!!!!!!! I hope you go out of business!!!!

Were you on the schedule to work? Were you on time? Are you in the union? If you answered "yes" to all three questions, you're entitled to your 3.5 hr guarantee. Regardless of whether they have any work for you or not. If that's the case, grieve it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
....."We don't need you today. Go Home!!!!"

Hired as a Permanent Part Time Employee!!!!!! Left my family early yesterday to arrive to work on time (3am) and that's what I am greeted with this morning. Got sent home and reprimanded by a supervisor like it was my fault for showing up. :censored2: you UPS!!!!!!! I hope you go out of business!!!!
That's a lot of exclamation marks. Did he yell at you like that?