Show up on time, Give it my all and what does UPS do???

km3

They have to give you at least 3.5 hours if you show up on time. 4 hours some places. Pull up your socks and tuck in your rocks. It's go time.

They can do anything they want to seasonal/non-seniority employees. If he hasn't made seniority yet, they can send him home, call him back, then send him home again if they wanted to. Wouldn't put it past some supervisors, either.

Last edited:

Over 70

I get your pain man. I'm a newer Reg-temp temp driver and was told Saturday not even to bother calling in Tuesday because I'd be working. I called around 730 today just because I don't remember anyone mentioning anything about a start time to be safe. Oh your route isn't on today.

That's fine I welcome the day off so I go help my wife and get the kiddo ready...come back to missed phone call 15 minutes ago looking for an air driver right after I got off the phone. Of course they got someone else already but really no idea you might need me 5 minutes earlier? I'm not a phone attached at hip guy but I'm learning I had better be if I'm going to do this.

Their disorganization and empty words would infuriate me if I didnt know better but luckily thanks to this site I was well aware of the game I was getting into ahead of time so I can best play it and be surprised by nothing.

I'm pretty sure the day I get angry at UPS is the beginning of the end of my time there. So far so good. I haven't seen a single thing I hadn't read about on BC before...nothing from Intergrad to riding with a sup, to day to day interactions in the center have been remotely a surprise.

For what it's worth, I can understand the broken workers attitudes. I can see being somewhere so long and becoming dillusioned with it all. I don't mind the job so far and have done worse. I can see how it could get to someone over time though.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

They can do anything they want to seasonal/non-seniority employees. If he hasn't made seniority yet, they can send him home, call him back, then send him home again if they watned to. Wouldn't put it past some supervisors, either.
Pretty much the way I am still treated even after 39 years.

Nike

nope. not in the union. no rights and ripe for mistreatment

Thats cool and I expect to see you here bright and early tomorrow too.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1482864569.670007.jpg

That is if you wanna keep that special permanent part time job we got for you

vvv

Sou
I had a driver that I did that with, after I while, I did their route so much, customers thought I was their driver and the actual driver was the sub
Sounds familiar as the "regular" driver is doing my route today!! :) :)

Got my text at 6am asking if I wanted it off. Didn't have to twist my arm or ask twice.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I was hired Nov 1st (I know it's the "free" period) but was told I was a "Permanent Part Time" hire by HR (yes, I know they lie all the time....I was warned). The part that gets me is that I never got a phone call to tell me NOT to come in. So, I drove back from out of town to report to work this morning (3am) just to be told to go home. Ok, so be it, but what a crappy way to treat an employee. I can't believe you guys put up with this treatment year after year and tell me to just get used to it.
I was on call for two years of my ups career. I don't know if you are a permanent ups employee or if you were just seasonals. maybe u should find out that info before you freak out. it isnt out of place for people to go home or be sent home. some people don't want the hires. next time make a simple phone call, might save u the trip

vvv

I drove in from out of town and left my family (you do remember that it's Christmas don't you). They couldn't have the decency to call me and tell me not to come in? Scumbags!
I agree.....they only think about themselves my friend. Which is why I developed the same attitude. All you are is a number in their system to them and not a person......and the sooner you realize this the more clear the picture becomes of what type of company you will be working for.