Show up on time, Give it my all and what does UPS do???

dudebro

The other thing is - it's one day. Usually, about 40% of deliveries were picked up 1 day away, so today's delivery is everything further than that plus Christmas Eve pickups. Today is the biggest impact of that.
I'm sure with pickups today being heavier than normal (people worked on 12/26, packages sat, then they worked 12/27) they won't tell you the same thing tomorrow.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I dropped some knowledge on the seasonal guys and ladies on Friday. They all were told they would be permanent. Only 1 out of about 30 is still here today. Pretty scummy thing to do, but I suppose its the only way they can expect someone to last a month

Our center is so desperate for preloaders that they're practically begging the seasonal help to stay on full-time.

clean hairy

Appears the OP is on Preload (start time 3 AM) and there was not enough work for full staffing.
The date of hire would be useful info to have..

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Our center is so desperate for preloaders that they're practically begging the seasonal help to stay on full-time.

I mean im still new by most standards here (started in June or July), but just on the pick next to mine I have seen no less than 10 people come and go. If someone works all through peak and shows up and does decent enough its strange to me that they would just tell them to take a hike, especially with our turnover rate. UPS really does blow my mind daily though.

H

harley vulkrie

I mean im still new by most standards here (started in June or July), but just on the pick next to mine I have seen no less than 10 people come and go. If someone works all through peak and shows up and does decent enough its strange to me that they would just tell them to take a hike, especially with our turnover rate. UPS really does blow my mind daily though.
I was hired Nov 1st (I know it's the "free" period) but was told I was a "Permanent Part Time" hire by HR (yes, I know they lie all the time....I was warned). The part that gets me is that I never got a phone call to tell me NOT to come in. So, I drove back from out of town to report to work this morning (3am) just to be told to go home. Ok, so be it, but what a crappy way to treat an employee. I can't believe you guys put up with this treatment year after year and tell me to just get used to it.

H

harley vulkrie

It's called seniority little fella. You are at the bottom. First to go home if they don't need you.
I drove in from out of town and left my family (you do remember that it's Christmas don't you). They couldn't have the decency to call me and tell me not to come in? Scumbags!

H

harley vulkrie

Darn I was too late. I was gonna say don't whine.. the Cafe regulars hate that

Yeah b/c being mistreated is whining right. You're the sucker for not having high enough standards in life to NOT be treated this way.

Last edited by a moderator: