Show up on time, Give it my all and what does UPS do???

Brisket

I showed up this morning fifteen minutes early (4:45AM, of all ungodly hours), and the bastids made me 'work' 10 1/2 freaking hours. And, I got stuck in the chase car and not the brand new BMW x6.

I'm mad, who do I whine to?
The BMW driver, lol!

That jerk! Lol

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I showed up this morning fifteen minutes early (4:45AM, of all ungodly hours), and the bastids made me 'work' 10 1/2 freaking hours. And, I got stuck in the chase car and not the brand new BMW x6.

I'm mad, who do I whine to?
Ohhh ... you poor thang!
What was the pickup car?

watdaflock?

If you really want a permanent job....you show up everyday ready to work.
The new hire is obviously upset about the situation.
My idea for him, other than being irked off and quitting is see if the manager would let him know before start time if he's needed or not.
For example, I talked with my boss about the same thing when I was just hired. With all of the ridiculous union fee's along with my lack of hours it was costing me more to work at UPS than I was making.

Try learning some empathy ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
....."We don't need you today. Go Home!!!!"

Hired as a Permanent Part Time Employee!!!!!! Left my family early yesterday to arrive to work on time (3am) and that's what I am greeted with this morning. Got sent home and reprimanded by a supervisor like it was my fault for showing up. :censored2: you UPS!!!!!!! I hope you go out of business!!!!
Millennial

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Rogue One was more intellectual than The Force Awakens and much, much better.
Orion probably didn't comprehend the subtleties.

I watched this first as well

fc783ef6.gif

I guess I only like the originals, not a star wars geek, but I did do the following when I was a young Padawan:

I had the following toy as well, that car was too cool! 3 jet engines and it hovers!

revell-snaptite-star-wars-x-34-landspeeder-3.gif

Ooh ooh ooh, and I think it was the 80s kids that made the pew_pew sound with the guns, er blasters:

Brisket

We picked up (bought) the x6.

I drove the chase car, a 2014 Escape. Less than 10k miles, and really pretty nice, except the previous owner let the damned satellite radio expire. That really ticks me off.

How's the pickup on it? I was considering taking it for a test drive, that or a jeep.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
How's the pickup on it? I was considering taking it for a test drive, that or a jeep.

The Escape? Very nice for a small CUV, and nicer than any FCA product out there.

I'm not sure which ecoboost engine it has, probably the 2.0, but it cruises at 70+ easily. Wasn't impressed with the mileage.

Send me a fiver for my review. Thanks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The new hire is obviously upset about the situation.
My idea for him, other than being irked off and quitting is see if the manager would let him know before start time if he's needed or not.
For example, I talked with my boss about the same thing when I was just hired. With all of the ridiculous union fee's along with my lack of hours it was costing me more to work at UPS than I was making.

Try learning some empathy ...
Empathy for new hires? Nope. We were all new once. And we all showed up to work everyday...and were sometimes sent home. Oh well.

Over 70

I've never taken a "I had to go through it" so it's what everyone should attitude. I see it all too much. It is what it is but I get why the guy is pissed. It's not like he's whining that his PT sup is mean like some of the puss-es on here.

Brisket

The Escape? Very nice for a small CUV, and nicer than any FCA product out there.

I'm not sure which ecoboost engine it has, probably the 2.0, but it cruises at 70+ easily. Wasn't impressed with the mileage.

Send me a fiver for my review. Thanks.
IMG_4486.JPG

Done!

Yeah just needed something to compare it to.
Thanks!