Sick Day Saga

Superteeth2478

I know. My original message wasn't much more than what you outlined, but I was asked what was going on - seemingly innocuously - and so I gave a few symptoms to be courteous, I suppose. For what it's worth, that original supe was not part of the harassment committee.

What do you think of the latest I'm getting? If they're demanding this medical documentation from me without specifically calling it a quarantine, do I have pretext to claim the quarantine leave entitlements?
I think you kind of showed them you were a sucker by even mentioning your symptoms as if it was their business. If they want to know what your symptoms are, tell them your balls itch (yes, even if you're a female). At the end of the day it doesn't matter, if you have sick days and you're sick, use them. It isn't their business what your malady is.

AKCoverMan

We’ve had several collect the two week covid leave (including myself) without a positive test. A few of them were initially denied but finally got approved (this was early on).

In my case my sweetheart and her son who was living with us at that time were positive, I had to submit her test results.

You can get the info for covid leave on upsers, and file for it via email. Takes awhile to approve it. In meantime you can burn sick days. Once they approve the leave they pay you the emergency leave and at same time “unpay” the sick days and put them back in your time off bank. Amazingly I’ve watched them do this correctly for several members including me and my sweetie (yes she is driver too) which is some pretty heavy lifting for our payroll department who IMO should all be fired and replaced. (I spend an incredible amount of steward time dealing with people not being paid correctly or on time.)

If you don’t have two weeks of sick days you may have a gap in getting paid until the emergency leave is approved.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Call the office..... “John Smith, taking a sick day” say nothing else and hang up the phone. Don’t even wait for them to respond. Don’t pick up the phone again or respond to texts. They’ll beg and plead sometimes if staffing is short. Plenty of times I’ve called off sick and the message wasn’t relayed to the rest of the crew and my trip sat until they realized what was going on. Not your problem. File a grievance if it continues. Don’t be afraid to use your days. Don’t be afraid to call off sick if you don’t have any days left.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I called in once on Friday before my vacation started. They came by my house several times and left sticky notes on my door. But I was out of state for 2 weeks. Not a word was said to me when I came back from vacation. Also, another time, another employee who was in feeders and a supervisor and myself and 3 girls came with us on vacation. The driver called in sick each day for 5 days. Nothing happened to him and the supervisor was cool. The sup ended up marrying the girl he brought who happened to be an hourly employee also. Some sup's are decent people.

J.D. Hogg

Hey hey.

So yesterday, a few hours prior to shift, I had let one of the higher-ranked supes (if that matters) know I needed to take a sick day. I've been with the company for a few years and have several of them entitled to me at this point. I gave a brief review of my maladies, too, when inquired, and that seemed to be that. Later, come work time, I'm getting texts, calls and messages from some of the supes from my area demanding my whereabouts. They get the same notice the first supe got, and then themselves start citing the words of some other supe names claiming I must appear. Same description of my maladies ensues, and (having discovered this just today) it receives a reply invoking the names of other supes demanding that I haul my sickly ass to the slave mines.

Is there anything I need to know about all this, much less be concerned about? Should I look into filing a harassment grievance? Any reason I shouldn't call in sick today, too?
If you've been there a few years, then what's the problem?

You should know which Supervisor to talk to about taking a sick day.
In fact, you should know that person pretty well by now.